Scotland Squad announce before September game

34 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Why is nobody putting Ryan Christie in their starting 11? Surely he's an easy pick with the lack attacking options through the middle?

Think as Mcginn has been playing further forward for Villa it's probably a choice between the two of them for most people.

Why is he struggling to get a game in the Championship while Hanley is starting for Norwich in the Premier League then? Why didn't Norwich just sign Burke to play centre-back?

Obviously because Slaven Bilic is an idiot. He hasn’t got the foresight to see that Burke could be the greatest central defender ever. And we wanted this muppet for Scotland? Well rid.

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

Always thought he was the lesser of to evils, or more accurately was made to look worse for Scotland but the ineptitude of Russell Martin, who he was forced to partner up with most of the time. 

This is the worst take I've ever seen on this forum

And that's saying something

1 hour ago, skippy2015 said:

Fraser hornby moves to Belgium top flight on season long loan to kv kortrijk finished 4th last season could be a good move

Not sure that’s right man. The team he’s at are in the Belgian second tier and finished 7th in it last year.

Edit: Actually I’m talking rubbish. It was the top flight they finished 7th in.

Edited by Rodhull

This is the worst take I've ever seen on this forum

And that's saying something

It’s not. Martin was terrible for us on numerous occasions and Hanley spent most of his Scotland caps standing next to him.

Good to see Snodgrass back

I’d go without a striker and play with a false 9 and allow Forrest and Fraser more freedom, using them to hit on the break

Belgium play with 3 central defenders and 2 attacking full backs so this would be a good tactic against them

Marshall

Palmer
Hanley
Cooper
Robertson

McGinn
McTominay
McGregor

Forrest
Snodgrass
Fraser

Worst idea ever

I would imagine O'Donnell is a certainty to play at right back, I actually don't think he has a put a foot wrong in any international game, to effectively just drop him and play Jack (not played right back in a long time) or Palmer (who was awful along with most in Kazakstan) would be a big call.

I understand the shouts for Christie to start but not sure he is ready to come into big international games like this ahead of the likes of McGregor and McGinn, good option from the bench however.

9 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I would imagine O'Donnell is a certainty to play at right back, I actually don't think he has a put a foot wrong in any international game, to effectively just drop him and play Jack (not played right back in a long time) or Palmer (who was awful along with most in Kazakstan) would be a big call.

I understand the shouts for Christie to start but not sure he is ready to come into big international games like this ahead of the likes of McGregor and McGinn, good option from the bench however.

I don’t see why not. Christie was a key player for us in the games against Albania away and Israel at home which were two of the few decent performances Scotland have had in recent times.

Not saying O’Donnell should be dropped either but he was very poor in the Israel away game we lost. Looked very out of his depth in that game. Thankfully hasn’t been quite as bad since.

I'd go for a 4-2-3-1 

Marshall

O'Donnell

Cooper 

Hanley 😖

Robertson

McGinn

McTominay

Fraser 

Christie

Forrest

Griffiths

I haven't had a proper look at the squad I only really know about our shortage at CB so if I've included any unavailable players I apologise

13 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Why is nobody putting Ryan Christie in their starting 11? Surely he's an easy pick with the lack attacking options through the middle?

I'd definitely play Christie - probably ahead of Mcgregor in the no10 role - his work rate in the 2 games v Albania and Israel was outstanding. and he's only improved since then.