Scotland Squad announce before September game

41 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Why is Shankland such a ridiculous suggestion, doesn't matter what level the guy is a goal scoring machine and will be high on confidence, that's what you need in strikers. Maybe involve him this time and bring him on late on if we need a goal,  would it be so outrageous to give him a game against Cyprus and Kazakhstan. 

It really, really does.

1 hour ago, F_T_Y said:

Why is Shankland such a ridiculous suggestion, doesn't matter what level the guy is a goal scoring machine and will be high on confidence, that's what you need in strikers. Maybe involve him this time and bring him on late on if we need a goal,  would it be so outrageous to give him a game against Cyprus and Kazakhstan. 

Because youd be selecting him ahead of a £20m striker with EPL goals, the most prolific striker in Scottish football, and an experienced old head have a stormer of a season in the Championship. 

Shankland is scoring against part time sides.

Why is Shankland such a ridiculous suggestion, doesn't matter what level the guy is a goal scoring machine and will be high on confidence, that's what you need in strikers.

A f**k it, let’s get him in the squad with Rory McAllistair and Bobby McQue that plays for the Crystal Bar.celona then.

On 24/08/2019 at 17:39, Jeremiah Cole said:

Hanley plays again, he’s got to be in the squad. Phillips back playing regularly again too. McLean on the bench. Palmer missing the last couple of weeks,

Be interesting to see what the squad is

Marshall
Bain
McLaughlin

O’Donnell
Fredericks
Robertson
Bryan

Souttar
Hanley
McKenna
Lindsay

McTominay
McLean
McGinn
McGregor
Cairney
Armstrong
Christie

Forrest
Fraser
Phillips
Johnston

McBurnie
Smith
Gallagher

Smith?

Gallagher?

am I missing something here?

Guest DAVIDB69
Tried to wipe that game from my memory. The Kazakhstan/San Marino squad was the first one he had been in for 2 years.  

Players can come back into squads years later. Especially when we are lacking in that position and have a new manager.

That’s why we are so poor though with out constant cast of thousands .

We pick more different players than any other of the home nations.

Yet we are the home nation with the constant poor results

15 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

A f**k it, let’s get him in the squad with Rory McAllistair and Bobby McQue that plays for the Crystal Bar.celona then.

Hey Hey hawd the bus. I played a blinder yesterday in the back garden against my 6 yo, 7 next month, son.  I'll send Clarkie the 10 sec clip the wife took of us on the phone.

Canny fucking wait to put the dark blue on.

That’s why we are so poor though with out constant cast of thousands .

We pick more different players than any other of the home nations.

Yet we are the home nation with the constant poor results
Who can we pick though? You say that we should be picking in form players. Which Scotland centreback regulars are currently in form?
We're picking between recent regulars who aren't starting for their clubs, players who haven't been in the squad for a while or giving younger players their first call ups.
I've said previously that I think we should give a CB partnership a run of 5/6 games before the playoffs but I would of course want them to both be starters for their club.
There's no easy decision for Clarke here unfortunately. Sticking to McKenna/Mulgrew again might be best for results just now but March 2020 is all that matters.

Looking at N.Ireland, Evans and Cathcart are playing 90 mins every week in the English top flight. Wales have Mephan doing the same. Ireland have Duffy and Egan too.
We're not shite because we change players often. We change players often because they're shite.

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

We're not shite because we change players often. We change players often because they're shite.

Eloquently and correctly put.  It's a shite situation, but it's very easy just to say to keep a settled side, and that we should just play x, but it's far tougher than that.  I'm not sure we really have a possible 11 you could put out that you'd absolutely guarantee would be getting regular football, and are simultaneously the best theoretical players for their position.  It's either or in a lot of cases.

Jack in for Shinnie seems an obvious swap from last time. As ever with these things though, we’re really just debating about a player who won’t play. Must be infuriating to be Scotland manager when people obsess over who the third-choice goalie or sixth-choice midfielder is.