Armstrong
Cairney
Mcginn
Mclean
Turnbull( if fit )
Christie
Forrest
Fraser
Griffiths (assuming he’s back playing then)
S. Fletcher
Russell
Che adams as a wildcard if he’s up for it
Mcburnie

I don't think it will be massively different from the squad from the double header 12-14 of those guys are probably nailed on to be in if fit - guys that have been in pretty much every squad consistently.

Marshall, Bain, Robertson, O'Donnell, McKenna, Mulgrew, McGinn, Armstrong, McTominay, McGergor, McLean, Forrest, Fraser, and probably Russell.

A number of players will be back from injury like Paterson, Tierney, Griffiths, McBurnie and Christie - possibly Steven Fletcher as well. theres another 5-6 which takes you up towards 20, which doesn't actually leave much room at all for a huge amount of change.

At his first squad press conference he mentioned 3 players unavailable due to weddings - John Fleck was definitely 1 of those. The Snodgrass issue needs sorted as well.  

To be honest - it all depends on how folk start the season. A number of players have moved on to bigger clubs as well who could get noticed if they start well - Liam Lindsay for one... Jack Harper maybe a longer shot. Would like to see Cooper brought in. I certainly think a few of the players in his first squad were probably legacy McLeish or Malky McKay picks, given he had very little time to assess his own players. I'm looking at guys like Liam Palmer and Marc McNulty to drop out.

Not including any of these maybes until they actually turn round and say they want to play for us. Angus Gunn said in April he was still wanting to play for England - if he changes I'd bite your arm off, but I seriously doubt he will. Fredrick would fill a massive gap at RB - lets see what happens there.

Edited by GhostZapper

The worlds bested ever player bestererr than Pelmessaldo and the only LB to be selected for a universe 11. Valued at quadrillions, cheap at twice the price, Tierney, will be selected then be “injured/unavailable”
Without him we will lose by elevteen goals.

Just saying likes, soitis, byraway

Guest DAVIDB69

I do think we need to get away from our cast of thousands type squads that we have had the last few years .

We aren’t going to qualify automatically so we need to be getting towards the basis of a regular squad by next March

On 30/06/2019 at 23:23, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Steve Clarke talk Che Adam, Angus Gunn, Ryan Frederick, Havery Barnes and Jamie Paterson about eligible play Scotland 

Jamie Paterson? Have I gone back in time to 2013?

I do think we need to get away from our cast of thousands type squads that we have had the last few years .

We aren’t going to qualify automatically so we need to be getting towards the basis of a regular squad by next March
Feels to me like we haven't had a settled, consistent squad, i.e. one that has stayed together for more than 2 campaigns since the Craig Brown era. Way too much chopping and changing. It's reflected in the fact we have had - what - maybe less than 10 players* earning 50+ caps in the last 18 years?

*Can only think of: Miller, Weir, Caldwell, Fletcher, Brown, Gordon, Hutton. Probably missing a few.

Folk were moaning about Strachan playing the same guys all the time.

Now folk are moaning cos there was too much chopping and changing!

[emoji1]
It'd be funny if it was the same folks arguing one way then the other. Not sure it is though (certainly isn't in my case).

• 2 weeks later...

Marshall

Tierney Souttar McKenna Robertson

Mctominay McGregor

Forrest       Armstrong     Fraser

Griffiths

Or

Marshall

Tierney Souttar McKenna Robertson

Mctominay   Mcginn   McGregor

Forrest           Griffiths       Fraser

Surely, to god, that can qualify through euro playoffs