Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FairWeatherFan

Burntisland Shipyard in the SoSFL 2011-12?

Recommended Posts

Finding archived league tables of the SoSFL can be a bit tricky to find. Nonleaguematters.co.uk keeps the a decent recent record. In looking at 2011-12 Burntisland Shipyard are listed in the table, it's even quite specific by saying they were deducted 10 pts for unfulfilled fixtures and lists match results

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/91/1/

I've never seen Burntisland Shipyard listed as a member of the SoSFL and it seems extremely weird for a Fife amateur team to be playing in D&G. Seems too detailed not to have happened, but too doesn't make any sense. Any idea of what's gone on?

image.png.b1b7cee53f86cfa63e1c3669667f8da3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last updated 26th June 2019, possibly somebody on the wind up, Shippy were still in Kingdom Caledonian league 2011/12 season

Edited by gogsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a mistake.  Burntisland were still in the amateurs that season.  I think it's Stranraer reserves that should be in 7th though not 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stanley said:

It's a mistake.  Burntisland were still in the amateurs that season.  I think it's Stranraer reserves that should be in 7th though not 100%.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stanley said:

It's a mistake.  Burntisland were still in the amateurs that season.  I think it's Stranraer reserves that should be in 7th though not 100%.

Yes, that’s Stranraer’s record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Last updated 26th June 2019, possibly somebody on the wind up, Shippy were still in Kingdom Caledonian league 2011/12 season

It only says that update time because it means the SoS page in general not specifically 2011/12.  It's probably when someone updated the page to add the 2019/20 table.

I remember going on there ages ago (last year I think) and it had Burntisland in the table.  Think it's just a genuine mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanley said:

It only says that update time because it means the SoS page in general not specifically 2011/12.  It's probably when someone updated the page to add the 2019/20 table.

I remember going on there ages ago (last year I think) and it had Burntisland in the table.  Think it's just a genuine mistake.

That would be me. I would guess that the error dates back to the creation of the 2012-13 season .

 

i will add a note to the SoS table (it’s not possible to the table itself).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scottish non league review  (various years) has league tables in it . Malcolm Pagans book on Non League football in South West Scotland has a decent amount as well

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Scottish non league review  (various years) has league tables in it . Malcolm Pagans book on Non League football in South West Scotland has a decent amount as well

 

Yeah, I have those books.  Very useful if you're interested in historical tables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, #tedstriker said:

Lochmaben were still in the Dumfries Saturday amateurs back then too. Seems like someone is on the wind up emoji848.png

More likely that someone changed the name of Crichton to Lochmaben in a later season and doing that changed all previous seasons to Lochmaben too.

Seriously don't think the South of Scotland league table in 2011-12 is where people go for wind ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Site briefly "substituted" Kelty's results for Hawick's 12-months ago.

I hadn't see us score so many tries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 16:57, FairWeatherFan said:

Finding archived league tables of the SoSFL can be a bit tricky to find. Nonleaguematters.co.uk keeps the a decent recent record. In looking at 2011-12 Burntisland Shipyard are listed in the table, it's even quite specific by saying they were deducted 10 pts for unfulfilled fixtures and lists match results 

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/91/1/

I've never seen Burntisland Shipyard listed as a member of the SoSFL and it seems extremely weird for a Fife amateur team to be playing in D&G. Seems too detailed not to have happened, but too doesn't make any sense. Any idea of what's gone on?

 

I pointed this out to the administrators years ago.  It should be Stranraer 'A', but apparently can't be corrected.

There are a few mistakes in their archive tables - I remember seeing Forest Green Rovers at the top of the Conference years before they were promoted.  It's a great resource, but requires a double check if you are going to use the info for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's particularly useful as it has dates and results of individual games - not just the final tables.

Soccerway also has tables with dated results of some non-league football going back a while (e.g. old EOSL Premier Division runs back to mid-2000s, IIRC). However you now have to pick your way through a labyrinth of menus and illogical namings to find it - plus in the earlier seasons there is some bug which has all the dates 24hrs out of sync, with most games on Fridays & Tuesdays instead of Saturday & Wednesdays being the giveaway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...