F1 2019

IainMorton

Only 2 GPs in to the career mode, that Devon Butler is a p***k btw. 
Went for Alfa Romeo as my first team and finished 6th in the Australian so I've upped the difficulty and managed a respectable 9th place on the grid for Bahrain. I'm still enjoying the novelty of it so I spent ages in the practices trying to do all the challenges and get to grips with the course. My previous experience with the F1 games means this'll probably see me through 5/6 GPs before i start to sim some sessions. Going to try to do a full race weekend whenever I play instead of bits here and there to hopefully stop me skipping past loads of practices etc.
During the race i manage to get up to 5th with around 4 laps to go (I'm on 25% of laps, seems like a good balance) then Verstappen smashes into me on the first corner and I trundle to a 13th place finish with my damaged car. Was absolutely seething.
Going to start slowly removing the assists now, anyone got some advice on the best order to remove them to slowly get up to zero assists?
I turned start assists off and traction control down first, then brake assist, then racing line and finally turned traction control right off.

I ended up winning the championship in my first season. To be fair my McLaren had huge updates and was at least on a par with the Ferrari and Mercedes. However, my game has a bug and fails after the last race. It needs an update and it my internet is so slow it says it will take nearly two days to download. So that’s me done I think.

11 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I ended up winning the championship in my first season. To be fair my McLaren had huge updates and was at least on a par with the Ferrari and Mercedes. However, my game has a bug and fails after the last race. It needs an update and it my internet is so slow it says it will take nearly two days to download. So that’s me done I think.

In the “Settings” window, switch to the “Downloads” tab, and then select the closest download server from the “Download Region” dropdown menu. While you’re on this tab, make sure that Steam’s download bandwidth doesn’t have a limit applied. should help 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16/03/2020 at 11:50, KnightswoodBear said:

Saw this was down to £15 on the PSN Store, so will give it a bash.

I got this yesterday for Xbox for £8 odd due to Microsoft giving me a £5 voucher for some reason.  Looking forward to getting started although it's been a couple of years since I played one of these games.

Took me five seasons with Williams to finally win the drivers title and also the constructors too. Annoying in those five years, George Russell never scored one point as my team mate. I move to Renault and in the third race in Shanghai, I win and he is second 😡

• 2 months later...

I know F1 2020 is out now, but I’m not into F1 enough so spunk £50+ on a game. 
Downloaded the demo and tempted to buy this at about £8 off PS store. Is it worth it? I had a quick shot of it and it seems solid, I dunno if I’m just well out of practice (not owned an F1 game since the PS2 days) or I farted about with settings that made it stupidly difficult. I was in a Mercedes and couldn’t get out of last place so I think that’ll tell you how incompetent I am at it.

Should i accept the driving line/breaking assistances etc until I’m more used to it?

It's well worth £8. I always start with the assists and easy AI and then slowly increase the difficulty once I start lapping the field in a Williams. I'm still too cowardly to switch of automatic gears and ABS though.

It's just replaced F1 2018 on Game Pass for anybody on XBox

On 08/08/2020 at 11:20, Stellaboz said:

Is career mode any good? Something like The Journey in Fifa? I'd be interested in picking something up with that kind of mode.

There is a very basic story involving you starting off in F2 and competing with some generic video game baddies to get into F1. Once you are in F1, the story barely seems to get mentioned again.

The career mode doesn't seem much different to previous years. You can do practice programs to get new parts for your car and you can choose to be a good guy or a w**k when the annoying Scottish reporter asks you dull questions.

Still playing career mode in this, got through the first six races of season 7 and determined to finish my career before buying the new game. Won two titles, one each with Williams and Renault and started well at McLaren. Thinking once I win a title with one team it’s time to move on to another. Hoping to finish my career at either RBR, Ferrari or Mercedes.