F1 2019

IainMorton

Haven't played career mode yet nor have I posted on this thread I don't think but I picked this up last week and I've been playing it without a racing line, traction control etc.  Basically everything off and in cockpit view.

I've had to really tune my wheel more this year than previous years, only played around 15 hours so far but, after a really ropy start I'm beginning to get the hang of it again.

The track limits penalties are crazy strict. Getting pulled up for corner cutting or track limits despite having two wheels on the track.

Do u have the track limits set to? I cant race with them on strict for similar reasons, u basically got a penalty for using the kerbs.

• 1 month later...

Just finished my first season with Williams and have to say the driver transfers have been quite boring so far with Stroll moving to Alfa and Danny Ric/K Mag swapping seats at Renault/Haas. Was hoping for some movement at the top teams. Hoping for better performance in my second season at Williams as spent most of my resource points on improving reliability and make sure that any updates don't fail, so haven't had any major upgrades at all.

56 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Just finished my first season with Williams and have to say the driver transfers have been quite boring so far with Stroll moving to Alfa and Danny Ric/K Mag swapping seats at Renault/Haas. Was hoping for some movement at the top teams. Hoping for better performance in my second season at Williams as spent most of my resource points on improving reliability and make sure that any updates don't fail, so haven't had any major upgrades at all.

from the videos i have seen the major  transfers  happen at the end of the 2nd season (if you move to a bigger team that can also kick it off). 

Im enjoying the game in general, i like the driver transfers but some are a bit unrealistic eg kubica to ferrari in my game.

Also im near the end of my 2nd season and still haven’t seen the safety car and i think its only rained once [emoji943][emoji107]

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone able to get the starts perfect off the line? I always seem to bog down and lose 4/5 places if I’m starting a race near the front or in midfield. I’ve tried different techniques too, just letting the clutch go and also letting the clutch go and also the accelerator for a very split second so the revs aren’t too high but it still doesn’t work.

Do you play with traction control on? I find setting the fuel to lean and starting with medium traction control seems to work.

Anyone able to get the starts perfect off the line? I always seem to bog down and lose 4/5 places if I’m starting a race near the front or in midfield. I’ve tried different techniques too, just letting the clutch go and also letting the clutch go and also the accelerator for a very split second so the revs aren’t too high but it still doesn’t work.

On 21/09/2019 at 11:20, Iminavest said:

Austria is an absolutely banging track 👌

I like it cos it’s one of the easiest :lol: Singapore has to be my favourite along with Baku, you actually feel a sense of satisfaction when everything comes together on those tracks. 

Only 2 GPs in to the career mode, that Devon Butler is a p***k btw. 

Went for Alfa Romeo as my first team and finished 6th in the Australian so I've upped the difficulty and managed a respectable 9th place on the grid for Bahrain. I'm still enjoying the novelty of it so I spent ages in the practices trying to do all the challenges and get to grips with the course. My previous experience with the F1 games means this'll probably see me through 5/6 GPs before i start to sim some sessions. Going to try to do a full race weekend whenever I play instead of bits here and there to hopefully stop me skipping past loads of practices etc.

During the race i manage to get up to 5th with around 4 laps to go (I'm on 25% of laps, seems like a good balance) then Verstappen smashes into me on the first corner and I trundle to a 13th place finish with my damaged car. Was absolutely seething.

Going to start slowly removing the assists now, anyone got some advice on the best order to remove them to slowly get up to zero assists?