F1 2019

IainMorton

Have looked at some game play videos of it. It looks a good game with the AI being a lot more aggressive but some of the teams are a bit over powered at the moment (don't know if patched yet)

Best f1 game yet and much more exciting than the current season. I would have preferred the option of a full f2 season in career mode but it might be something they can patch or change for next season, f2 cars r great fun!

8 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Best f1 game yet and much more exciting than the current season. I would have preferred the option of a full f2 season in career mode but it might be something they can patch or change for next season, f2 cars r great fun!

Yeah I was disappointed the F2 part of career mode was more of a scenario mode like FIFA, and not an actual season. Signed up to the Mercedes young driver programme and driving for Williams in my first season. Prefer to make it more realistic and work my way up the ladder.

On 06/07/2019 at 23:46, IainMorton said:

I love Baku and the 750 flashbacks needed to finish the race...

and if it anything like the 2018 version 3 front wings in a 13 lap race 

What driver difficulty are you all using out of interest?

I tried 83 which was expert but the car was sliding out at a lot of the corners at Catalunya. As soon as I have to mess about with the set up I’m not interested so changed it to 79. It’s much more realistic for the races but I’m failing the qualifying tests every time.

59 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

What driver difficulty are you all using out of interest?

I tried 83 which was expert but the car was sliding out at a lot of the corners at Catalunya. As soon as I have to mess about with the set up I’m not interested so changed it to 79. It’s much more realistic for the races but I’m failing the qualifying tests every time.

I think I had it on 70 but had my Williams in the top five in first practice in Melbourne so changed it to 80. Much more realistic and more of a challenge. 

The start at Monaco is mental. I had to restart about 7 times after getting spun around or other drivers hitting each other and causing a traffic jam.

Also there was a huge glitch at the chicane after the tunnel. I went from 10th to 3rd under the safety car because drivers kept crashing into the barrier turning left.

Nice to see Monaco hasnt changed, on 18 I done one lap of it and simmed through every single race there afterwards.

I take back what I said about Monaco. Qualified 11th, started 10th after a KMag grid penalty and finished 9th. Started on the medium tyre and the plan was the two stop but when the leaders pitted early I was running second, so decided to keep going and turn it into a one stop when I realised they weren’t gonna get by. Pitted half way through for the hard tyre and was running last (due to the Trulli train I had created) but the cars in front then made their second stop.

EDIT 50% race, 39 laps of total concentration takes it toll on you mentally!

Edited by IainMorton

Think my game has lost the plot. Hamilton is now driving for Racing Point, Vettel is at Merc with Grosjean, Bottas has been papped to Haas. Leclerc and Ricciardo have swapped places and the two Alfa's are continually finishing on the podium. Oh and Williams have 2 points.