Ante post 19-20

On 17/06/2020 at 12:19, C. Muir said:

Just seen this bet on twitter too, Hull fan placed it just before Grosicki and Bowen left in January.

Makes my 40/1 find look pish now :lol: Although he appeared to know about Grosicki and Bowens impending departures well in advance of the bookies getting it at that price.

Looking on odds checker it was 250/1 on Jan 29th, so a week before we got on it at 40/1. Now odds on. :guinnessHe must have been just a couple of days before, so very likely inside info.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Looking on odds checker it was 250/1 on Jan 29th, so a week before we got on it at 40/1. Now odds on. :guinnessHe must have been just a couple of days before, so very likely inside info.

Aye the boys a Hull supporter so would've definitely knew the 2 players were leaving.

Next weeks fixtures of interest

Swansea v Luton
Barnsley v Millwall
Birmingham v Hull
Charlton v QPR
Nottm Forest v Huddersfield
Stoke v Middlesbrough
Wigan v Blackburn

Rovers are right up there for a play off spot but have a garbage record at Wigan so not confident of a win there at all, which is good for this bet I suppose :lol:

Hard to tell how fixtures will go as the league's only restarted but on paper plenty of opportunities for teams around Hull to pick up points.

Not bad results except for Hull drawing in a mad game score wise. Hull went 2 up, Birmingham scored 2 back and looked like winning but then Hull got a 3rd then Birmingham did the same. Birmingham are relying on a load of youngsters to finish their fixtures apparently. Onwards and downwards Hull!

Aye was a topsy turvy game. Glad of the draw in the end if I'm honest after Hulls great start. Birmingham are pish aswell though so it would've hardly been a massive scalp if Hull won.

As you say, good results elsewhere. Luton winning opens it right up - they looked destined for bottom spot before the return so I was thinking Hull would need to be in 1 of 2 places but could now easily be 1 of 3 places.

Wigan have gone into adminstration and could face a 12 point deduction which would put them at the foot of the table.

I don't imagine they will be the first club to go into admin as a result of the pandemic so hopefully exceptional circumstances can reduce or even wipe clubs penalty for going into admin.

Onto Hull, big game v Boro tomorrow. Live on sky at 5pm. Delighted Warnock is Boro's manager now as they looked awful under Woodgate. Fancy him to take them to Hull and win.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Wigan have gone into adminstration and could face a 12 point deduction which would put them at the foot of the table.

I don't imagine they will be the first club to go into admin as a result of the pandemic so hopefully exceptional circumstances can reduce or even wipe clubs penalty for going into admin.

Onto Hull, big game v Boro tomorrow. Live on sky at 5pm. Delighted Warnock is Boro's manager now as they looked awful under Woodgate. Fancy him to take them to Hull and win.

It would put them 4 points behind Hull having won all 3 games since the League started again, with 6 games to go including one v Hull. Easy! 

15 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Cant find any bookie doing relegation odds? Any ideas lads?

Are you talking about the Championship specifically?

My cashout on Hull is suspended so assuming betting is suspended until there's news on whether Wigan recieve a points deduction or not.

Are you talking about the Championship specifically?
My cashout on Hull is suspended so assuming betting is suspended until there's news on whether Wigan recieve a points deduction or not.
Yeah mate, was hoping to sneak in before the bookies clocked what was happening with Wigan [emoji38]

After reading this, bets could well be suspended for the rest of the season, meaning it would be win or bust for Hull with no cashout opportunity.

image.png.3a902aaac631a10ded9e99c952911055.png

Best case scenario would be Wigan continuing their excellent run to pull further clear from the drop zone so that they'll still have survived when the penalty is imposed.

38 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

b*****d, Hull win it at the death. Boro are honkin.

Was just going to check if it had started yet. Ah well, plenty games to go. Luton and Barnsley at least look pretty frisky.

Edited by welshbairn