Ante post 19-20

4 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Rangers are a shite price, but I can see them pushing Celtic a bit closer this year. I've had a nibble at Rangers in the handicap market +6 is 9/1 with bet365.

I can't see us getting within 6 points of the Darkside.

I don't bet on the Premiership handicap market, simply because the split makes it different from the other divisions. If you fancy a small club for good season, a top six bet might make more sense. If they make the top six and lead on handicap after 33 games, the small club may well have little to play for in 6th and would be hard pushed to get more than 5 points, while the team that finishes 7th plays the dross at the bottom. It's a different market from the handicaps in the other divisions. Not unfair, just a mite harder to figure out and different. Ideally, you probably want to pick the club that finishes 7th at the split. However, I think Celtic will get 90 points. The 7th placed team gets about 50 points, so would need to be getting 40 on handicap to stay within range. I think Ross County will get 40 points, so I'm tempted by +51. The Sheep might get to 72.     

36 minutes ago, Victor von Doom said:

I can't see us getting within 6 points of the Darkside.

I don't bet on the Premiership handicap market, simply because the split makes it different from the other divisions. If you fancy a small club for good season, a top six bet might make more sense. If they make the top six and lead on handicap after 33 games, the small club may well have little to play for in 6th and would be hard pushed to get more than 5 points, while the team that finishes 7th plays the dross at the bottom. It's a different market from the handicaps in the other divisions. Not unfair, just a mite harder to figure out and different. Ideally, you probably want to pick the club that finishes 7th at the split. However, I think Celtic will get 90 points. The 7th placed team gets about 50 points, so would need to be getting 40 on handicap to stay within range. I think Ross County will get 40 points, so I'm tempted by +51. The Sheep might get to 72.     

Yeah, I've also had a wager on County in this market.

Celtic will in all probability win the league but might not reach 90 pts. Take away the outlier of the invincibles season and their highest total last few years has been 87, I fancy similar this year. I think Rangers have more depth now, which theoretically means less points thrown away to the dross at the bottom. I can see the gap between the top 2 and the rest being bigger this year. Aberdeen are trending downwards last 2 seasons, less points, fewer scored, more conceded and with the loss of Shinnie, I can't see them making 70, so I've ruled them out. Should still be good enough for 3rd mind.

On 04/07/2019 at 11:01, Dele said:

Edit : just over 12 hours later I've went and placed this :

IMG_1804.thumb.PNG.b99ea183bcd8fcade2f4b754c26dee67.PNG

purely due to the fact I thought Falkirk odds would plummet post Sammon signing. :lol:

Already changed this. 

Swapped Livi with St Mirren. They haven't signed anyone of note and those they have, they look a bit Sofien Moussa. 

Also added in Leeds to be promoted. The perennial shit the beds have to do it sometime. I'm betting its this time. 

Same stake returns about the same.

Only ante post I've done so far is Bournemouth to be relegated from the EPL.

I think Villa, Burnley, Brighton, Norwich will do better than them so it leaves Southampton, Sheff Utd, Newcastle & Bournemouth to fight out the bottom 3 places so IMO taken 9/2 in a 3 out of 4 horse races is value in my eyes.

• 5 months later...

There is a bit of a points cushion just now but still plenty of games to go and I reckon the 40/1 on Hull to get relegated with bet365 is pretty big. Lost Grosicki and Bowen (probably their best 2 players) on deadline day and the replacements seem to be a Peterborough player and James Scott from Motherwell. The rest of their squad is pretty pish too by the looks of it.

For comparison, Birmingham (2 points behind them) are only 2/1 to be relegated and Derby (1 point and place above them!) are only 11/4 :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

8 hours ago, C. Muir said:

There is a bit of a points cushion just now but still plenty of games to go and I reckon the 40/1 on Hull to get relegated with bet365 is pretty big. Lost Grosicki and Bowen (probably their best 2 players) on deadline day and the replacements seem to be a Peterborough player and James Scott from Motherwell. The rest of their squad is pretty pish too by the looks of it.

For comparison, Birmingham (2 points behind them) are only 2/1 to be relegated and Derby (1 point and place above them!) are only 11/4 :lol:

39 points with 16 still to play though, better not pick up too many. The odds are mad compared to the others though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/02/2020 at 12:55, C. Muir said:

Down to 9/2 now

1 hour ago, just me 2 said:

Play Leeds in the early game on Saturday as well when Leeds are coming back into a bit of form

Aye. Wigan (the most likely team Hull will replace in the drop zone) are away to West Brom though so cant see the gap getting plugged further this weekend. Still a bit of work to do for bet to be a winner but glad I got on the price when it was there

On 27/02/2020 at 09:55, C. Muir said:

Down to 9/2 now

And 3/1. Mon the Boro!

P.S. Noticed I'm getting offered a 6/1 cash out now from the 40/1 bet. :)

Edited by welshbairn

On 01/03/2020 at 12:56, just me 2 said:

Big game next week v Stoke

Few relegation 6 pointers this coming week. That game plus you have Charlton v Boro and Wigan v Luton too so at least a couple of teams down there will be dropping points 

Edited by C. Muir

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Woof.. Cashback suspended, might get interesting.

image.png.c39edb1c28d9a744fc877db7625c1a23.png

Betting usually does get suspended when there's games currently playing and for an hour or 2 after they finish. Should be back up now. Absolute doing they got today!

Edited by C. Muir

Season postponed till at least April 4th. If they decide just to end it early then likely just void ante post bets? I could've cashed out my single and double with Ross County for 3 figures this morning too :lol: