Nationality is embarrassing

Assasinach

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

1. When the OP says, "we still defer to the majority England rule to govern Scotland." then you know he's not discussing 'nationality' in the abstract but is merely a Snipper shill.

2. Those of us who value both The Union and The EU see Brexit supporters and Yessers as wall-builders and deprecate both equally.  The only real difference is where they want their walls located but they are, undoubtedly, two cheeks of the same small-minded arse.

An embarrassing inability to grasp basic facts. Majority of 'empty headed yessers' as you hilariously call them want to be an open and inclusive country. 

Brexit Britain is where the real nationalism lies. There is absolutely no need for Scotland to be dragged down the little Englander path. 

This United Kingdom of which Mr/Mrs?Ms Kincardine jizzes over is nothing short of the last vestage of englandshire/westminster/london colonialism.  They give not one flying for Scotland, Wales or Nornirn.  Its all about london being the epi-centre of the civilised universe.

The sooner we fly solo, the better for me and, i believe, our generations to come. 

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

This United Kingdom of which Mr/Mrs?Ms Kincardine jizzes over is nothing short of the last vestage of englandshire/westminster/london colonialism.  They give not one flying for Scotland, Wales or Nornirn.  Its all about london being the epi-centre of the civilised universe.

The sooner we fly solo, the better for me and, i believe, our generations to come. 

The sooner people put Kincardine on ignore and stop rising to his bait the better.

37 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
The sooner people put Kincardine on ignore and stop rising to his bait the better.

He's not a troll. He's just a thick *** cnut.

Doesn’t diminish my point TBF.

Ignoring the proud uk folk won’t make the slightest in changing the reality that the rule for Scotland is their choice.

I was on about nationality being not of individual choice that still along with social standing so usually says your lot. 

Knowing your heritage is bonny

global is it

Edited by Assasinach
Nb

19 hours ago, Assasinach said:

As some poster recommended and I agree this should be passed to the pP forum.

It does embarrass me to have a well heard of “nationality “ that relies on not much more than a few ever less inspirational sports teams an individuals to express Scotland nationhood. When we still defer to the majority England rule to govern Scotland. 

Let’s discuss. 

Now I know you're trolling but:

Why would you be embarrassed by something you're born with and feel as part of your identity. 

By the same token, I am baffled by folk who proclaim their pride in the same. 

If I was you I'd be more embarrassed by things you have control over, like being an edge lord for bites on anonymous forum. It really is no substitute for getting your hole off a real lady. 

54 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Why would you be embarrassed by something you're born with and feel as part of your identity. 

Because allowing, nae, voting for the folk from another nation to rule your own is an ever increasing one. *

Quite rare officially in the list of proper nations 

*increasing embarrassment that is .

4 minutes ago, Assasinach said:

Because allowing, nae, voting for the folk from another nation to rule your own is an ever increasing one. *

Quite rare officially in the list of proper nations 

*increasing embarrassment that is .

Oucha!

Sworded.

Sorry mate, didn't realise

Yeh. f**k all this nation shite. Let's get rid of them all. One big happy world. 

Let's properly pool and share resources.......Like to actually help the proper needy. Not like some Gordon Brownesque clunking fist UK nationlistic empty coat suggestion of giving all Scotland's resources to the city of London.

F@ckin Toom Tabard right enough. Do you know he actually penned a book in the 80's called "where there is greed". ......lol the irony.

Anyway. To actually pool and share properly is going to take some.

But....We will get their eventually. The world o'er..

To actually get their?

Each artificially constructed nation state eventually must dismantle. The sub bodies can then be governed forever by a benevolent federalist democratic council.

The UK/England will be the start....probably the worst offender anyways, over the last half millennia for being a vicious nasty little b*****d country.

UK gone is obviously going to happen at some point in the near future. 👍 Maybe then even  vicious but no quite as bad......Spain.

Moving away from Mickey mouse countries though......yes britnats that's what you are.........nae luck.......we then have the USA's, the Russia's, the China's...... each of them a pretendy or non democracy. 

Well gee whizz ....That's centuries of work....fake state dissolution in these places is probably not happening this century.

The EU must survive though because it is a beacon for those that believe that enemies can become friends.

Along with India, It is also the world's only example of  a super multi nation democracy. Therefore they are our beacons. Small scale examples for what will be a large scale future world democracy.

So nationlism in the historical medium term (ie the next few centuries) is here to stay.

But hey am a dreamer........and am not the only one.

On 28/06/2019 at 15:52, AUFC90 said:
On 28/06/2019 at 15:26, Granny Danger said:

He's not a troll. He's just a thick *** cnut.

:lol:

Pretty clear he's not the thicko here.

20 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Yeh. f**k all this nation shite. Let's get rid of them all. One big happy world. 

Let's properly pool and share resources.......Like to actually help the proper needy. Not like some Gordon Brownesque clunking fist UK nationlistic empty coat suggestion of giving all Scotland's resources to the city of London.

F@ckin Toom Tabard right enough. Do you know he actually penned a book in the 80's called "where there is greed". ......lol the irony.

Anyway. To actually pool and share properly is going to take some.

But....We will get their eventually. The world o'er..

To actually get their?

Each artificially constructed nation state eventually must dismantle. The sub bodies can then be governed forever by a benevolent federalist democratic council.

The UK/England will be the start....probably the worst offender anyways, over the last half millennia for being a vicious nasty little b*****d country.

UK gone is obviously going to happen at some point in the near future. 👍 Maybe then even  vicious but no quite as bad......Spain.

Moving away from Mickey mouse countries though......yes britnats that's what you are.........nae luck.......we then have the USA's, the Russia's, the China's...... each of them a pretendy or non democracy. 

Well gee whizz ....That's centuries of work....fake state dissolution in these places is probably not happening this century.

The EU must survive though because it is a beacon for those that believe that enemies can become friends.

Along with India, It is also the world's only example of  a super multi nation democracy. Therefore they are our beacons. Small scale examples for what will be a large scale future world democracy.

So nationlism in the historical medium term (ie the next few centuries) is here to stay.

But hey am a dreamer........and am not the only one.

Enjoyed reading that.          Yes , read that.

embdy spent time in bucks , England?   The university and Marlow sum it up. Stayed with a guy who’s software geekery had thanks to Microsoft maid him sorted for life within a year of housemating . Big house on the Thames but this young guy was struggling living in a community that solely treated you according to monetary wealth. And he was rich and arse lickers were natives.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Surprisingly, there have been no posts for the last 16 hours...

Cheers, fell asleep 

Considering moving to Scotland. Recommend or not ? Ought to say I stay in a Southern English city that is an exception to the Southern English Nationalist but very much a home to UK established rule.  It’s just a thought. As is the South Island in New Zealand. 

The cocky Gallagher in the background is distracting atm 

I have a regular debate with a couple of my Rangers supporting friends about why they are ‘proud’ to be British. It’s like saying you are proud to have blonde hair or proud to have green eyes. You didn’t do anything to be British, there is no achievement needed to be British, there is nothing to be proud of in being born in a country through complete luck of birth. Don’t know if this is a widely held view but I’ve always felt it strange to say you feel pride in something you had no control over.

Everyone gets randomly placed on a bit of land somewhere on Earth. I don’t see how people can feel pride in the achievements of people who also happened to be randomly placed in that bit of land.

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

There are political steps we as the people who live here can take to change the landscape, the culture, the economy etc. that we can quite justifiably frame as "I am proud to be Scottish". 

I agree with that in a way, but that would be finding pride in the actions of another person or group. If a bunch of people from Glasgow got together and their actions helped change the country for the better I wouldn’t say I was proud of Glasgow, so I find it strange that can be extrapolated to find pride in Scotland. 

I’m not saying people can’t be happy or pleased or even ecstatic about what people from the same country as them do, but I think proud is the wrong word. 

28 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

See I absolutely would feel pride in something like that.

Thinking about it I would maybe wind my point back a bit as I can see why you would be towards something like that. There are a few things in life you are able to be proud of but can’t control, being proud of the team you support for example. But I still think feeling proud about the country you are from for no other reason other than you were born there is a strange thing to think.