Nationality is embarrassing

Assasinach

As some poster recommended and I agree this should be passed to the pP forum.

It does embarrass me to have a well heard of “nationality “ that relies on not much more than a few ever less inspirational sports teams an individuals to express Scotland nationhood. When we still defer to the majority England rule to govern Scotland. 

Let’s discuss. 

45 minutes ago, Assasinach said:

It does embarrass me to have a well heard of “nationality “ that relies on not much more than a few ever less inspirational sports teams an individuals to express Scotland nationhood. When we still defer to the majority England rule to govern Scotland. 

Let’s discuss. 

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Thanks for being every Yesser:  Barely literate fuckwits with a small pP.

Is the global abolition of Passports and Visas (i'm not exactly sure how this would be carried out) a solution to this acerbic exchange between P&B contributors?

Nationalism is created by boundaries after all. And also vice versa.

4 minutes ago, jofis said:

Is the global abolition of Passports and Visas (i'm not exactly sure how this would be carried out) a solution to this acerbic exchange between P&B contributors?

This is an excellent point but not one you should be directing at me.  My political outlook is on building/maintaining bridges.  The empty-headed Yessers are the wall-builders on here.

Let’s discuss. 

Piss off

This is an excellent point but not one you should be directing at me.  My political outlook is on building/maintaining bridges.  The empty-headed Yessers are the wall-builders on here.
Team: Rangers
Party: Conservative

Aye, okay

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Thank you. However, i'm really not directing any one point at any one person; rather i'm challenging the notion of 'nationality' as referenced by the OP. It just so-happened that you were the first person to respond to the OP and used a derogatory term to answer a question that I believe was posed in the most sincere of manners ( I maybe very naive). I also believe in the politics you have stated but I disagree that the initial point was made by someone 'empty-headed' and I also disagree with the subsequent argument, 'Yessers are the wall builders on here.' 

4 minutes ago, jofis said:

Thank you. However, i'm really not directing any one point at any one person; rather i'm challenging the notion of 'nationality' as referenced by the OP. It just so-happened that

1. you were the first person to respond to the OP and used a derogatory term to answer a question that I believe was posed in the most sincere of manners ( I maybe very naive).

I also believe in the politics you have stated but I disagree that the initial point was made by someone 'empty-headed' and

2. I also disagree with the subsequent argument, 'Yessers are the wall builders on here.' 

1. When the OP says, "we still defer to the majority England rule to govern Scotland." then you know he's not discussing 'nationality' in the abstract but is merely a Snipper shill.

2. Those of us who value both The Union and The EU see Brexit supporters and Yessers as wall-builders and deprecate both equally.  The only real difference is where they want their walls located but they are, undoubtedly, two cheeks of the same small-minded arse.

This is a good start. 

Nation states are game entry. The uk is the most amazing b*****d pirate mongrel bunch of island monkeys  that created the global drug trade which keeps us going.

6 hours ago, jofis said:

But the OP wants to talk about nationality not nationalism

6 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Team: Rangers
Party: Conservative

Aye, okay

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

When you've learned to read then feel welcome to comment.

Surrey's a wee bit easier to spell, tbh.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

1. When the OP says, "we still defer to the majority England rule to govern Scotland." then you know he's not discussing 'nationality' in the abstract but is merely a Snipper shill.

2. Those of us who value both The Union and The EU see Brexit supporters and Yessers as wall-builders and deprecate both equally.  The only real difference is where they want their walls located but they are, undoubtedly, two cheeks of the same small-minded arse.

And when it comes down to it, you’ll spread your own arse cheeks for the latter. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

But the OP wants to talk about nationality not nationalism

That's a good point, I should have read the post carefully. Although I did allude to 'nationality' in a subsequent response.

At least you've got me thinking on the nuances of 'nationality' and 'nationalism'! 

5 minutes ago, jofis said:

That's a good point, I should have read the post carefully. Although I did allude to 'nationality' in a subsequent response.

At least you've got me thinking on the nuances of 'nationality' and 'nationalism'! 

I was just being picky, as usual.