"Alright Grandad..."

Red pudding is excellent. It's basically polony in batter deep fried if I'm not mistaken.

The problem for me is, despite always being on the menu you very rarely hear them being ordered, so you wonder how long the feckers have been waiting for.

A bit like my dilemma over ordering Guinness that's not the ice cold version...

I finally had a red pudding supper after 30 years living in Fife. I was underwhelmed. Would not buy again.

I was going to try a white pudding supper but I suspected that would also be a disappointment.

On 30/06/2019 at 14:39, Angusfifer said:

Anyone outwith Arbroath want to guess what these weirdos call it? 🙂

On 30/06/2019 at 14:59, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Switchies?

What?

The switchies used to set up at the Seaforth/Pleash/Switchie end of Gayfield (the traditional away end).

The O'Briens had a travelling funfair that used to set up there every summer. They managed to acquire the land in the early 1970's and built Pleasureland. 

It wasn't until I left Arbroath that I found out that 'switchies' wasn't in common usage elsewhere.

However, it has made the Dictionary of the Scots Language

7 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Not only do I still use my iPod Classic over Spotify, I usually call it my 'walkman'.

I still use my Classic.  The forward button stopped working last month so I've had to listen some rare old shite recently

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I finally had a red pudding supper after 30 years living in Fife. I was underwhelmed. Would not buy again.

I was going to try a white pudding supper but I suspected that would also be a disappointment.

White pudding supper every time, nothing like red pudding.

Go on

On 28/06/2019 at 13:21, Scary Bear said:

Binge drinking beer in pubs. It doesn’t seem to be as popular with the younger generation.

I'll opt for a McEwans 80/- if it's ever on tap. The fact it doesn't cost over £5 or have a trendy name does not discourage me. 

I'll also occasionally opt for "a nip and a half", doing my bit to keep an age old tradition alive.