"Alright Grandad..."

39 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

In the days when spirits were measured in gills the most common dram was one-fifth. 

Only true from the mid 70s onwards.  Prior to that it was a 1/4 gill.  Indeed, even in to the early 80s, there were pubs in Glasgow advertising that they sold whisky by the 1/4 gill.

Edited by The_Kincardine

In the days when spirits were measured in gills the most common dram was one-fifth. If you were fortunate you might find pubs that served a quarter gill. In England it was typically one-sixth. Irish pubs, as ever more civilised than the Brits often served a third of a gill measures...  
The Irish: a great bunch of lads.

In the days when spirits were measured in gills the most common dram was one-fifth. If you were fortunate you might find pubs that served a quarter gill. In England it was typically one-sixth. Irish pubs, as ever more civilised than the Brits often served a third of a gill measures...  
Mark E Smith knew the score as immortalised in Edinburgh Man.

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I won’t have shite like Love Island, Big Brother, The Voice or any of those weans’ shows anywhere near my TV.

That’s nothing to do with being a grandad and more to do with not being a moron.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2019 at 16:12, LeeVanTeeth said:

It's scary that folk that watch keech like Love Island get a vote.

There’s a P&B thread about it in the TV forum.  I’ve not looked at it but it’s got quite a few pages.

I can’t get my head around the thought of actual, real people watching this shite and then posting about it.

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a P&B thread about it in the TV forum.  I’ve not looked at it but it’s got quite a few pages.

I can’t get my head around the thought of actual, real people watching this shite and then posting about it.

Popular amongst footballers. That should tell you the level of intelligence of the people viewing.