"Alright Grandad..."

6 hours ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Going off on a tangent here after seeing the word cludgie up above, but has anyone here ever heard the saying "That'll be chocolate"? Meaning "aye, that'll be right"?

I’ve heard “That’ll be chocolate” a few times, I thought it was more an Invernessian thing.

I sometimes use the word “press” to describe ironing. “I need to press those trousers” and my missus always pulls me up for speaking like a tit. 

I use my grans old pressure cooker for making soup, it’s from the 40s I think and there’s a similar model on display in the museum. It’s probably lead coated and slowly killing me, but it makes a smashing pot of soup. 

Dunfermline put in a new card/ticket reader system thats totally counter intuitive to me. Every week as a lol I ask the steward how to scan and get a different answer. Ive still no idea how it works. Proximity and scanning or both? Its caused mayhem and even after a year people complain. What i dont get is that obviously it was demonstrated and they went with it.
If you do something as simple as scan while someone hasnt gone through it fucks up.
Every week I feel like its a gamble to get in without a problem.

Hold it this way...what the opposite way from last week..ok cheers

OAPs must be going insane with it.

Dumbfuks. Well not dumbfuks in general as half of folk are by definition not as     As half the rest. It just seems that Warhol idea of famous for a bit has many dumbfuks not only exploiting their bit for a career but many dumbfuks still auditioning via youeffingtube, twatter and such ,consider themselves undiscovered gems.

The tinterweb has enabled drunken hammered chats to combine with lonely delusions and rants in a way that is wonderous and shrug inducing at the same time. 

Do quite enjoy my addled thirties

11 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Always ask people behind tills 'can I pay by card?'

You can pay by card bloody everywhere nowadays but I can't shake the habit.

Went out last weekend to an event on The Green in Aberdeen, all the wee pop up stalls happily accepting card/contactless no problem.

Started raining so nipped into The Old Kings Highway - cash only.  Loved the fact these folk in gazebos take card but the actual pub still doesn't. 

11 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I suspect the majority of contributors to this thread will be from Fife or outwith the West in general. I'm 100% sure Fifers still have box TV's and VHS for their entertainment. 

Best thing ever moving to the west coast to get to some modern civilisation when I was a wean. 

Moving to a place where half the folk still live in 1690.

I'll stick to living in Fife without electricity thanks.

Considering Glasgow's busses are the most old fashioned things going and anywhere north of Glasgow still has a lot of traditional crofters then I would say the East coast is far more modern.

Back on track in the thread- I always wear a tie, I think it adds a bit of colour to a plain shirt and suit.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Back on track in the thread- I always wear a tie, I think it adds a bit of colour to a plain shirt and suit.

16 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

5ceecfcd0cb56_1HSXWXp3yYGYLXo43vmTnmQ.gif.728630700b8f8ef417fd26c23c619ca5.gif20190607_224847.jpg.d4ec76ba3e6cc8aa30565ba9711cbd25.jpg

I'd hardly describe either of those as examples of "plain" shirts.