"Alright Grandad..."

Which so-called 'old' things do you refuse to drop from your day to day life? For example:

1) Vocabulary wise, I still say 'taped' instead of 'record' and refuse to say 'movie', as it's obviously a 'film', hence I taped a film that was on the TV the other night.  

2) In the ever evolving world of technology, I still have a PS2 set up seeing as I'm still partial to a bit of GTA Vice City and ProEvo 2.  It's permanently wired up to a box TV (with built in VHS player I should add) in the man cave. 

3) I also have a cheese grater from the 1970's that hasn't been used since last night. 

VINTAGE-1970S-ORANGE-PLASTIC-MOULI-CHEES

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The weak willpower of the young makes them prone to adopting Americanisms where my old grizzled iron will stands implacably against this scourge.

One of my granddaughters talks about "diapers". :o

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

One of my granddaughters talks about "diapers". :o

A friend of mine did this the other day.  Like any proper principled arsehole should do, I got her telt. 

I've always been fond of the word 'cludgie' and fastidiously do my part to keep it alive.

Otherwise...

1. Use a fountain pen and write in cursive. Even when typing would be quicker.
2. Wet shave, with a safety razor
3. Read books made of paper - although I have admittedly, recently succumbed and bought myself a Kindle. It's much easier when travelling, which I do a lot.
4. Use the library.
5. Routinely moan about how loud everything is today, particularly television. I'm not sure if it's the same in Britain but it seems the only attribute a woman needs to be on television here is the ability to scream "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHDDDDD!!!!!" at the top of her lungs. The men are only marginally better. Guy Fieri, I'm looking in your direction.

Edited by Shotgun

Going off on a tangent here after seeing the word cludgie up above, but has anyone here ever heard the saying "That'll be chocolate"? Meaning "aye, that'll be right"?

I remember "that'll be chocolate" haven't heard it in ages, mind you i haven't lived in Scotland for ages.

This is on my toilet door... IMG_20190627_172515.jpg

Going off on a tangent here after seeing the word cludgie up above, but has anyone here ever heard the saying "That'll be chocolate"? Meaning "aye, that'll be right"?

Yes my family use that expression and have done as long as I can remember. Unsurprisingly I’ve not heard it used by anyone else.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Twenty seven shillings for a newspaper? Jings, crivens and help ma boab!

I still judge the price of everything compared to what it was when I first started having to budget my pocket money,

Crips - 30p

Mars Bar or similar confectionary - 30p

Milky Way - 12p

Taz/Freddo - 5p

Fritter roll - 40p

Somehow I am still shocked when things cost more than this.