Last Manager Sacked

Radford

Appreciate there can always be a bit of confusion surrounding some departures (e.g. the good old mutual termination) but it is now over 14 years since St Johnstone sacked a manager, John Connolly being dismissed in April 2005.

Has any Scottish club gone longer without sacking a gaffer? 

It more or less is just settling whats left on a contract.

Pretty much.

We’ve agreed your pish, and you’ve agreed to f**k off if we we pay you x.

(X might not be the full amount of the contract, it might be mutually agreed at the time or even pre-written into the contract lawyers and agents love that shit. )

Sacked would be a lot harder, does anyone know the last manager to actually be sacked? It’s a certainly a rare event.

Alex McLeish?

Not aware of him ever being sacked tbh.

I’m taking about being sacked like you or I would be through disciplinary process. No payment.

Performing below target would rarely get you sacked from a normal company, not without extensive proof that you are incapable of doing the job despite the company taking all steps to support you.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Not aware of him ever being sacked tbh.

I’m taking about being sacked like you or I would be through disciplinary process. No payment.

You mean for actual misconduct etc?

I think Graham Roberts was fired by Clyde for verbally abusing someone on a plane.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fergus McCann famously dismissed Lou Macari shortly after he took over Celtic in 1994. Macari took Celtic to court and lost, largely because there was a term in his contract that he live with 45 miles of George Square but his familiy home was still in Stoke.

Actual sackings of football managers at the higher end of the game are very rare.