2019/20 West League 1

5 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Did the larkhall puncher get red carded or did the ref miss it ?

Ref missed the Carluke instigator assaulting the Larkhall player from behind as the ball was at the opposite end of the pitch,young Larkhall player had to get staples in a deep wound to the back of his head,hope both lads are fine today.

4 hours ago, HATTRICK said:

Ref missed the Carluke instigator assaulting the Larkhall player from behind as the ball was at the opposite end of the pitch,young Larkhall player had to get staples in a deep wound to the back of his head,hope both lads are fine today.

Larkhall player got stitches due to carluke players teeth  in the back off his head when they collided and the carluke player has a fractured jaw from the punch thrown by the Larkhall player.

49 minutes ago, T3ry12345 said:

Might be wrong but I’m sure it was jack currie involved in the incident last night 

You are throwing a lot of accusations but you dont even know if its the right person sums you up really,i witnessed the incident as it happened and the Carluke player elbowed the Larkhall player full force in the back of the head when the ball was at the other  end of the park hence why the referee missed the incident,the size of gash  was never teeth it was a heavy blow to the young lads head 100% FACT!!

1 hour ago, HATTRICK said:

You are throwing a lot of accusations but you dont even know if its the right person sums you up really,i witnessed the incident as it happened and the Carluke player elbowed the Larkhall player full force in the back of the head when the ball was at the other  end of the park hence why the referee missed the incident,the size of gash  was never teeth it was a heavy blow to the young lads head 100% FACT!!

Sorry for not knowing the Larkhall team by there names but since you know what happened and the players on the park must be wrong with what there saying there nothing more I can say, but even a few Larkhall players after the game weren’t even defending there own team mate says a lot. 

20 minutes ago, T3ry12345 said:

Sorry for not knowing the Larkhall team by there names but since you know what happened and the players on the park must be wrong with what there saying there nothing more I can say, but even a few Larkhall players after the game weren’t even defending there own team mate says a lot. 

You obviously didnt witness the incident i witnessed it and what Peter Byrne done was disgraceful,you are going on hearsay not actual facts find it strange not one Carluke player or coach confronted the Larkhall player because they all know what really happened i will leave it at that. 

7 hours ago, HATTRICK said:

You obviously didnt witness the incident i witnessed it and what Peter Byrne done was disgraceful,you are going on hearsay not actual facts find it strange not one Carluke player or coach confronted the Larkhall player because they all know what really happened i will leave it at that. 

Didn’t confront him because he left the park. I’m sure u will find that the 2 tackles on Currie after the game started was the right way around it rather than just walk up and punching someone. Matter closed carluke 3 Larkhall 1 scoreline says it all 

10 hours ago, HATTRICK said:

My friend from what you are saying and how this incident is being described by others the one person we know for sure that did not witness the incident was Jack Currie himself as he had his back to the Carluke player. That no one is disputing by the sounds of it. So for him to react in the way he did without knowing whether it was accidental or intentional is inexcusable not to mention a serious criminal offence. He could have killed him. I understand this lad was on his back for nearly an hour while he waited for an ambulance after being stretchered off. I would think retrospective action needs to be taken against Jack Currie by either his club Larkhall  Thistle, or the authorities before he seriously hurts someone else again.

19 minutes ago, South Beach said:

After some good signings i really thought the winton would do well this season, been a tough start granted, but with a couple of home games they'll be looking to get points on the board sharp.

Manager must be edging into a spot of trouble with the poor start they’ve had. 

3 hours ago, fitbawellfan said:

My friend from what you are saying and how this incident is being described by others the one person we know for sure that did not witness the incident was Jack Currie himself as he had his back to the Carluke player. That no one is disputing by the sounds of it. So for him to react in the way he did without knowing whether it was accidental or intentional is inexcusable not to mention a serious criminal offence. He could have killed him. I understand this lad was on his back for nearly an hour while he waited for an ambulance after being stretchered off. I would think retrospective action needs to be taken against Jack Currie by either his club Larkhall  Thistle, or the authorities before he seriously hurts someone else again.

U can butter the story up whatever way u like to suit whatever agenda u chose but the harsh FACTS are there was a coming together in the box at a corner between both players 30 seconds prior to the incident that BOTH players required hospital treatment, i never seen said incident so cant comment but i find it very hard to believe as said above the larkhall player stopped n carluke boys teeth went into his head causing a 2-3 inch deep cut, if that was the case the boys teeth would be lying on the grass n they weren't. So before u pop on a public forum to throw mud at a young boy n question his character always remember theres 2 sides to every story. I hope both boys recover ok and are back on the park soon

3 hours ago, fitbawellfan said:

Obviously the Larkhall player knew he had been assaulted from behind by the shear force he was struck while the ball was at the opposite end of play.I witnessed the incident and others did too not hearsay and what the Carluke player did while the ball was at the other end of the park was serious assault and intentional leaving the Larkhall player with a gash that deep you could see the lads skull,the Carluke player was the instigator.Think we should end this discussion for the sake of the lads all the best for the future.

Obviously the Larkhall player knew he had been assaulted from behind by the shear force he was struck while the ball was at the opposite end of play.I witnessed the incident and others did too not hearsay and what the Carluke player did while the ball was at the other end of the park was serious assault and intentional leaving the Larkhall player with a gash that deep you could see the lads skull,the Carluke player was the instigator.Think we should end this discussion for the sake of the lads all the best for the future.
Hattrick I understand you trying to defend your player but what he did here was wrong and there's no defending it.
The player in question here is Jack Currie he was wearing the number 8 shirt.
I know him from when he played with the Gow. Unfortunately I was never making the Gow game at Wishaw by the time I got home from work so the drive to Larkhall from Stonehouse was a no brainer but I wish I'd stayed at home because what I saw has left me disgusted.
The first piece of aggression I saw from Jack Currie was about 3 or 4minutes before the main punching incident when Larkhall had a kick at the Carluke end. The ball was cleared but I saw Jack headbutt the Carluke defender in the face (the same boy who he later punched). It happens at all levels but it shouldn't Nothing seems to have been mentioned about this but I did hear Larkhall players admit that they saw this to who I take it were Carluke officials standing beside the injured lad after the game.
The game went on for a few minutes then I saw the Carluke defender running behind Currie and there was definitely a clash of heads there when Jack stopped and the defender ran into the back of him. Was it a deliberate head butt into the back of Jack's head by the defender? I don't know but my opinion is no. What happened next was as the defender was looking ahead to the game Jack punched him on the face which knocked the Carluke player out. My opinion on this is it was a cheap shot. A cowarly aggressive act by Currie as I said in my earlier post.
I didn't see any elbows thrown throughout the incident as was also mentioned.
It was only after this that I saw Jack head starting to bleed and getting a bandage applied at the side of the park .I've no 'my player your player' involvement and what happens to Jack Currie for his actions is up to the club or authorities but for nothing to be done would be disgraceful.
I've said what I saw, no ifs buts or maybes.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

20 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Hattrick I understand you trying to defend your player but what he did here was wrong and there's no defending it.
The player in question here is Jack Currie he was wearing the number 8 shirt.
I know him from when he played with the Gow. Unfortunately I was never making the Gow game at Wishaw by the time I got home from work so the drive to Larkhall from Stonehouse was a no brainer but I wish I'd stayed at home because what I saw has left me disgusted.
The first piece of aggression I saw from Jack Currie was about 3 or 4minutes before the main punching incident when Larkhall had a kick at the Carluke end. The ball was cleared but I saw Jack headbutt the Carluke defender in the face (the same boy who he later punched). It happens at all levels but it shouldn't Nothing seems to have been mentioned about this but I did hear Larkhall players admit that they saw this to who I take it were Carluke officials standing beside the injured lad after the game.
The game went on for a few minutes then I saw the Carluke defender running behind Currie and there was definitely a clash of heads there when Jack stopped and the defender ran into the back of him. Was it a deliberate head butt into the back of Jack's head by the defender? I don't know but my opinion is no. What happened next was as the defender was looking ahead to the game Jack punched him on the face which knocked the Carluke player out. My opinion on this is it was a cheap shot. A cowarly aggressive act by Currie as I said in my earlier post.
I didn't see any elbows thrown throughout the incident as was also mentioned.
It was only after this that I saw Jack head starting to bleed and getting a bandage applied at the side of the park .I've no 'my player your player' involvement and what happens to Jack Currie for his actions is up to the club or authorities but for nothing to be done would be disgraceful.
I've said what I saw, no ifs buts or maybes.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

So all of a sudden you witnessed it although in your previous post you state (HOW THIS INCIDENT WAS WITNESSED BY OTHERS) there for all to see,your version is a total fabrication of the event and you should hold your head in shame,its easy to come on a live forum and tell lies and make a story up,if anyone should be getting punished it should be the Carluke player for initially assaulting the Larkhall player and maybe if you had seen the wound you would know it was 100% assault,the ball was at the other end of the park why and how could he run into the Larkhall player with such force  that you could actually see skull in the wound,i will tell you why because it was intentional and for the record im not a Larkhall fan i got invited by a friend,like i said previously for the sake of the lads think we should put this one to bed.