2019/20 West League 1

Tomorrows Fixtures

Bellshill v Carluke     Comfortable home win...

Girvan v Perthshire    Girvan win to make up ground on their opponents...

Lanark v East Kilbride     Another comfortable home win...a few goals likely to be scored by Lanark

Lesmahagow v Ardrossan   Hard to call,two teams I have been impressed with ....The Gow to edge it

Royal Albert v Maryhill    Away win...1-2  2-3  3-4 4-5    take yer pick

Shettleston v Greenock    Disappointing showing last weekend from us...Hopefully a few faces return ,Ross Barclay has been a miss due to injury ....

Always a tough battle with Greenock,usually decided by a goal either way...1-0  2-1...

Wishaw v Larkhall   Seen Larkhall the other week but they were depleted and a had a few 21s in squad...

Wishaw I haven't seen  so hard to call ....score draw

1 hour ago, larky9 said:

I reckon between 10/12 grand per season

I think it’s significantly more than that. For example last season Gartcairn signed a player and he was on £95pw, gives you an insight into their firepower. Plus, Shotts and Blantyre were paying nicely too. 

1 hour ago, Referee021 said:

I think it’s significantly more than that. For example last season Gartcairn signed a player and he was on £95pw, gives you an insight into their firepower. Plus, Shotts and Blantyre were paying nicely too. 

A lot of money thrown about for Greenock & Port Glasgow to be where they are in the league table is a credit to themselves. Having what I believe 0 budget. Is there any other clubs not paying players in this league

1 hour ago, TheGoalie1987 said:

What makes you think it’ll be comfortable for bellshill ,Carluke 2 wins on the bounce

Bellshill a much tougher opponent than Larkhall and Wishaw.....

The signing of Jordan Logan will give them a major boost for promotion ....guy scores for fun

Lanark 2 EK 1

We are a Jekyll and Hyde team.  Awful performance today. Both our goals were rather fortunate.  That said EK keeper had at least 3 superb saves. Ironically he and Gareth Hallford had a howler apiece to gift their opponents a goal.

EK finished game with 2 late red cards.

This is just a rough figure,and also just my opinion

4 hours ago, bc57 said:

Lanark 2 EK 1

We are a Jekyll and Hyde team.  Awful performance today. Both our goals were rather fortunate.  That said EK keeper had at least 3 superb saves. Ironically he and Gareth Hallford had a howler apiece to gift their opponents a goal.

EK finished game with 2 late red cards.

I couldn't make the game today, which players got sent off?

Bellshill Athletic 6-0 Carluke Rovers
Girvan 0-5 Glasgow Perthshire
Lanark United 2-1 East Kilbride Thistle
Lesmahagow 2-3 Ardrossan Winton Rovers
Royal Albert 1-5 Maryhill
Shettleston 1-4 Greenock Juniors
Wishaw 1-2 Larkhall Thistle

Edited by GNU_Linux

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Maybe our result wasn't so special last weekend after all. Amazed at the Shettleston result today.

Delighted to be top of the league but just as surprised that Ardrossan are so close to us based upon the two games we have played against them . We have had many a harder game this season compared to the two victories we have had against them.  Just goes to show how competitive this league is.

14 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Girvan thumped again Spank cannot have long left Down there lost the respect of the changing room as soon as that happens your times up big Baillie better option for Girvan 

Peter Leonard back at Girvan until the end of the season.

Girvan thumped again Spank cannot have long left Down there lost the respect of the changing room as soon as that happens your times up big Baillie better option for Girvan