2019/20 West League 1

40 minutes ago, Born&breed said:

Shettleston v Port Glasgow game is off. So is the park in good condition? Games off due to adverse weather.

No its to soft.....big concern was the wind and the fencing around the park that had came down during the night...

23 hours ago, Town Crier said:

They reposted it was on...

Ref done inspection over an hour ago and said game on

Think they maybe giving it time but weather is not letting up

Yeah, that was my fault. I'd been watching Kennie's games off thread on here earlier, and went back into what I thought was an updated version of it and saw our game on it. Turned out it was the games ON thread! 

Tell you what, Keppoch Park holds some amount of water - I genuinely thought it wouldn't have a chance and was just waiting for the nod that it was off. Our groundsman was saying he reckons it's maybe because the old black ash surface might still be underneath the current pitch.

1 hour ago, Born&breed said:

Getting to the nitty gritty bit of the season. On what teams have you have watched this season who would you say are the 3 that will be promoted?

Shettleston, Ardrossan and Lesmahagow would be my predictions for promotion. On form,Lanark are a match for anyone, but seem too inconsistent.

On 12/01/2020 at 12:21, hollerman said:

Shettleston, Ardrossan and Lesmahagow would be my predictions for promotion. On form,Lanark are a match for anyone, but seem too inconsistent.

I would agree....from the teams we have faced Lesmahagow was the hardest test,Ardrossan we beat easily but seemed to have started to put results together....

Haven't see Port Glasgow or Bellshill yet so cant comment on them...

2 hours ago, Town Crier said:

I would agree....from the teams we have faced Lesmahagow was the hardest test,Ardrossan we beat easily but seemed to have started to put results together....

Haven't see Port Glasgow or Bellshill yet so cant comment on them...

How did use get on against Lesmahagow? I was at your game against Port Glasgow & use dominated the game & missed a peno. However PG striker produced good skill with his shot from the edge of the box hitting the underside of the bar & looked to have went over the line but was not given

59 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

With rain not stopping all week, hows the parks looking for this weekends games? Maryhill in particular ?

Now we're not groundsharing which necessitates rolling the park more than the groundsman would like, we've only really had games off when almost everything else is off. At the moment, we're due a dry(ish) Friday, which should mean game on.

Hope so anyway - sent Saturday's programme off to the printer this morning!

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Now we're not groundsharing which necessitates rolling the park more than the groundsman would like, we've only really had games off when almost everything else is off. At the moment, we're due a dry(ish) Friday, which should mean game on.

Hope so anyway - sent Saturday's programme off to the printer this morning!

Hope it's on.  Lochburn is my favourite away day.