2019/20 West League 1

Shettleston 4   Maryhill Juniors 1

Only one team in it today and very disappointed we didn't win by more...

A missed pen by Steffan Graham on the half hour was rectified 2 mins later when he finished off in style with a stunning finish low into the far corner....getting the last laugh after being goaded after missing the spot kick...

A second half double from Sami ,one a pen and a final goal from Danny Irvine heading in at far post rapped it up for the Town.......

A consolation goal 2 mins before time from the spot got Maryhill on the score sheet.......never seen the incident but Maryhill player involved admitted it wasn't a penalty....

Up next a trip to Gasworks.....Larkhall getting a good result today sets it up for another big test.........

Another 3 points on the board for The Undertakers. Decent game on Friday and deserved 3 points. Watched today a defeat for our rivals Greenock looks like they have blown any chance of a title challenge this year after a decent start.

2 hours ago, Born&breed said:

I fully expect shettleston to run away with the league. Judging on yesterday’s performance. With ardrossan & Port Glasgow taking the 2 promotion slots.

Very bold prediction.  We've played and beaten AWR twice and they were not at all impressive.  I do think the rest of us are playing for 2 promotion places as Shettleston would have to blow it now to not win it, far less not get promoted.

7 hours ago, bc57 said:

Very bold prediction.  We've played and beaten AWR twice and they were not at all impressive.  I do think the rest of us are playing for 2 promotion places as Shettleston would have to blow it now to not win it, far less not get promoted.

I agree with you on shettleston. To be fair I haven’t seen Lanark play this season. Maybe try catch use this Saturday to see if my mind changes

10 hours ago, Born&breed said:

I fully expect shettleston to run away with the league. Judging on yesterday’s performance. With ardrossan & Port Glasgow taking the 2 promotion slots.

Wouldn't say ardrossan are anything special.  The gow have still to play them at home and we beat them 1-0 away.  I know teams will have good and bad spells over the season so anything is possible.  Yes shettleston are in a very good position and look certain to go up however the other 2 places are certainly up for grabs.  I would say bellshill were probably one of the better teams we have played this season.  However a lot of football still to be played.

Edited by Gowlad

Still a long way to go and this league is so unpredictable with results. Everyone can take points off each other. Agree with that I think Shettleston will be crowned champions unless a major bad spell which I don’t see happening.

18 hours ago, Gowlad said:

Wouldn't say ardrossan are anything special.  The gow have still to play them at home and we beat them 1-0 away.  I know teams will have good and bad spells over the season so anything is possible.  Yes shettleston are in a very good position and look certain to go up however the other 2 places are certainly up for grabs.  I would say bellshill were probably one of the better teams we have played this season.  However a lot of football still to be played.

I agree. Of all the teams we have played this season, including Shettleston, I thought Bellshill were the best we'd faced. However, one of their guys said they got a jammy last minute home win against Kello whom we'd just beaten 7-0!  

There are lots of twists and turns to happen.

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

I agree. Of all the teams we have played this season, including Shettleston, I thought Bellshill were the best we'd faced. However, one of their guys said they got a jammy last minute home win against Kello whom we'd just beaten 7-0!  

Yes bc.  That was a brilliant result for yous as kello are in my opinion in a false position.  They were impressive at the gow when they beat us.

11 minutes ago, Gowlad said:

Yes bc.  That was a brilliant result for yous as kello are in my opinion in a false position.  They were impressive at the gow when they beat us.

They have one of the best players Ive seen in League 1 in the big shaven headed guy who plays up front (don't know his name) Very technically gifted and could easily be playing at a far higher level.

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

The goal you mention was about 2 yards offside, and fair play to the scorer he admitted he was offside. Kello beat them convincing 3-0 at home, maybe they weren't at there best on both occasions.

I'd say the best team performance this season against Kello was the 7-0 hammering Lanark gave them at Kirkconnel.

I'd also say that most teams in this league are capable of winning against whoever they play, there are few if any easy games. 

26 minutes ago, santheman said:

They have one of the best players Ive seen in League 1 in the big shaven headed guy who plays up front (don't know his name) Very technically gifted and could easily be playing at a far higher level.

Yes he is a good player.  Their keeper is not bad either.

3 hours ago, Gowlad said:

Yes he is a good player.  Their keeper is not bad either.

I've seen him the past two weeks and he didn't show anything and don't recall him from our first game, if he was playing. Kello keeper has been outstanding over the three games I have seen him, despite losing 11 goals in the process. The Kello number 4 can play too. Been impressed by him.

10 hours ago, bc57 said:

I've seen him the past two weeks and he didn't show anything and don't recall him from our first game, if he was playing. Kello keeper has been outstanding over the three games I have seen him, despite losing 11 goals in the process. The Kello number 4 can play too. Been impressed by him.

Thought he was the best man on the park on Saturday 

Would be even better if he had support up front 

And yes despite his seize the goalkeeper is very agile ……… best two goalkeepers in the league in action on Saturday 

On 23/12/2019 at 19:39, santheman said:

Agreed!

Comfortable 4 nil for win for The Gow today at East Kilbride. Should have been more but a combination of poor finishing and keeper making decent saves kept the score down. Only bad news is striker Jason Thompson taken to hospital with suspected broken leg after horror tackle and game stopped for 15mins. Over the ball horror tackle. Straight Red.

Comfortable win for Perthshire today who hosted Lanark. Only the 8 goals in it!  We were awful! Conceded a needless penalty after 20 seconds which set the tone. Even at 2-0 I was convinced we would win. Wrong!

I reckon our keeper made at least 8 saves, as well as conceding 8 goals. Their keeper had one save. We missed a sitter and hit the bar

Team chucked it. Pure and simple.

Can't see how we can go up losing as many goals as we do.

Comfortable win for Perthshire today who hosted Lanark. Only the 8 goals in it!  We were awful! Conceded a needless penalty after 20 seconds which set the tone. Even at 2-0 I was convinced we would win. Wrong!
I reckon our keeper made at least 8 saves, as well as conceding 8 goals. Their keeper had one save. We missed a sitter and hit the bar
Team chucked it. Pure and simple.
Can't see how we can go up losing as many goals as we do.

Didn’t see that result coming.