Hong Kong Phooey

2019/20 West League 1

Ardrossan Winton Rovers v Girvan....homeside to edge it....

East Kilbride Thistle v Carluke Rovers....scoring draw...

Glasgow Perthshire v Port Glasgow....narrow away win...

Kello Rovers v Lesmahagow...doubt if it will be on with weather down there...Two teams who I have been most impressed with in this league....Kello a better team than their league position suggests and the Gow prob the toughest test we have had this season,narrowly beating them 1-0 at Greenfield.

Larkhall Thistle v Lanark Utd ...how will Lanark respond after last weekends result against Maryhill is the big question....Will not find it easy at Gasworks...home win   just

Maryhill v Greenock...away win...

Royal Albert v Bellshill Athletic....Would have to say away win...Albert got some good young players but just lacking that bit more to get them going...

Wishaw Juniors v Shettleston....0-1 tae us...I'll take that

Kello V The Gow is on.
A was amazed, went out a walk this morning and the committee were in, thought it can't be on, but a amazingly it was OK, a know they have been getting it slit and spiked regularly, so it's starting to payoff, a few months ago it would never have made it, it will be soft, heavy but it's certainly playable

A was amazed, went out a walk this morning and the committee were in, thought it can't be on, but a amazingly it was OK, a know they have been getting it slit and spiked regularly, so it's starting to payoff, a few months ago it would never have made it, it will be soft, heavy but it's certainly playable

Not many games making it so well done to all concerned.

23 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Not many games making it so well done to all concerned.

Excellent, so that is Plan B sorted for me. Can have another of their excellent pies.

Unlucky today. Felt that a point would have been a fair result but Perthshire always a tough place to go and get the result. Really awful conditions for both sets of players today. Im now away to try and de-frost now.

Kello 2 Gow 2

I felt a fair result, despite the 90th minute equaliser by Gow. The impressive Kello keeper kept them in the game and was much the busier of the 2 keepers.  Not a great game but entirely understandable given the heavy conditions. Baltic!

Lovely steak pie.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Kello 2 Gow 2

I felt a fair result, despite the 90th minute equaliser by Gow. The impressive Kello keeper kept them in the game and was much the busier of the 2 keepers.  Not a great game but entirely understandable given the heavy conditions. Baltic!

Lovely steak pie.

Delighted to grab a deserved late point from this match. Looked like it was going to be one of those days because the kello goalie played a blinder.  Thought we did enough to win however trailing twice in the match and coming away with a point away from home is not a disaster.  Mince pie was also very good.

Took in the Glasgow Perthshire v Port Glasgow game yesterday were Perthshire won 3-2 down to 9 men & port Glasgow penalty miss. Glasgow Perthshire side who lacked discipline. I was impressed with Glasgow Perthshire forward who scored 2 goals. Port Glasgow piled on pressure the last 25 minutes with great passes from midfield but couldn’t manage the draw.

21 hours ago, Greenock said:

Are the Port going to blow it again? Last season fell away around Xmas time after beating Gartcairn.

The good auld inverclyde rivalry. Who will finish higher in the league this season? Or can both teams secure promotion? 

1 hour ago, Born&breed said:

Took in the Glasgow Perthshire v Port Glasgow game yesterday were Perthshire won 3-2 down to 9 men & port Glasgow penalty miss. Glasgow Perthshire side who lacked discipline. I was impressed with Glasgow Perthshire forward who scored 2 goals. Port Glasgow piled on pressure the last 25 minutes with great passes from midfield but couldn’t manage the draw.

how was the park ....surprised it was on 

Are the Port going to blow it again? Last season fell away around Xmas time after beating Gartcairn.

Consistency has always been our problem unfortunately but hopefully keep up the good form.