2019/20 West League 1

49 minutes ago, Moorish said:

we were shocking yesterday and very lucky to get a point. we cant keep hemorrhaging goals and expecting our strikers to score 3-4 goals every game. we are far to slow at the back to play a back 4. play 3 center halfs and release our fullbacks to go forwards.

My son said that.  We lose some really poor goals on a consistent basis and ask an awful lot of Shug Kerr up front. Hopefully getting wee Chucky fit and firing up front with him will help. If young Peter wasn't playing them we have problems picking out a pass in the midfield.

On 21/09/2019 at 10:10, bc57 said:

And then there were two.  Gareth has signed for Gartcairn I've been told.  It is a pity that both sides couldn't settle their differences. Best keeper we've had in my time watching Lanark.

Good luck to him, as long as it starts the week after next 😉

Pleased to announce that big Gareth is back with us, once again.  A huge boost to our efforts to challenge for promotion.

Ironic that he had a blinder against us in the Scottish! We need him in that form. Should make a big difference to our defence as we have been shipping too many sloppy goals of late.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Pleased to announce that big Gareth is back with us, once again.  A huge boost to our efforts to challenge for promotion.

Ironic that he had a blinder against us in the Scottish! We need him in that form. Should make a big difference to our defence as we have been shipping too many sloppy goals of late.

great news that hes back. top keeper. now lets get back to how were playing at the start of the season and not that rubbish we saw last week.

First weekend kello have a full compliment of players all season and destroyed shettlston 3-1, was actually surprised at the ease, if kello had took there chances it could have been 8-9, shettlston said last weekend they were poor, well today was abysmal, first home win for kello since section Cup, but a think today could be a corner turned

I take it you didn’t have a full compliment of players yesterday?

15 hours ago, bc57 said:

Looking forward to our trip down the coast to Ardrossan tomorrow.  What are the local recommendations for the culinary fare on offer at the ground?

The Bowlers Rest in the Indoor Bowling Club on Glasgow Street, just round corner from Park for a pre match.

Then the Kandy Bar fare of pies, onion pies and sausage rolls at the Ground. The Supporters Club is open prior and after match

Edited by Wild Winton Rover

AWR 1 Lanark 4.  We were not in the game for the first 10 minutes and were then 0-2 up 4 minutes later with two excellent goals. Josh Gracie scored his second of the afternoon on the half hour mark to put us 3 up but never felt AWR were ever out of it although without troubling our keeper. 1-3  on 58 mins.  Our 4th came from a Shug Kerr penalty following a push in the box ( which I can't say I saw tbh).  Fairly comfortable win although Gareth Hallford had a superb save near the end.

Been some time since my only other visit to Ardrossan. Forgot what a great set up it is. My onion pie was superb.  

2 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

The Albert 0 The Gow 2. Should have been more but again we missed too many chances. Good 3 points tho as we have played better and dropped points this season.

Hard fought 3 points.  In the middle of the park Albert won many of the battles but we eventually won the war.  Many Missed chances for gow again and some fine individual peeformances.   Neil schoneville was immense today.

3 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Ok Neil. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Ha ha im just a fan. If you see the big man tell him how good he was today.  Won everything in our box.  Man of the match without a doubt.  Jason Thomson also played well but for me big neil never put a foot wrong.  

Ha ha im just a fan. If you see the big man tell him how good he was today.  Won everything in our box.  Man of the match without a doubt.  Jason Thomson also played well but for me big neil never put a foot wrong.  

Big man wins everything on the air and played well today as did Jason. Thought Jordan played well today.

Only 3 teams have scored more goals than us in the West so far this season which is heartening.  A good number of teams have lost a lot fewer goals than us which we have to work on. 10 for and 2 against in the last 2 games, both away against difficult teams,  is a ratio I hope we can stay close to. 

Kello beating Bellshill and seemingly comprehensively is a shock. I believe they were vey unlucky to lose their away game there too.
A said 2 weeks ago against shettlston that that was the first time kello has had anywhere near there full compliment of players, it's maybe a shock to others but a fully fit kello will compete with the rest, picked up points away to Carluke, gow, Maryhill, Albert, and home to Bellshill in league, and beating shettlston in scottish at home, still haven't played perthshire, ek, Wishaw, Larkhall home or away, but have Larkhall next week away in scottish, stay injury free and kello should start climbing

Port Glasgow v The Gow is now being played on Friday the 29th of November at 7.30pm.

What’s your thoughts on these Friday night games?

I’m not that in favour of these games being played on a Friday night as I like my football on a Saturday and can’t see the benefit of switching.

Ardrossan have one of the best if not the best set up in this league but there floodlights are not suitable for night games. Our last game a couple of weeks ago on the Friday night was ridiculous and should not have been played.

On 16/11/2019 at 23:48, bc57 said:

Only 3 teams have scored more goals than us in the West so far this season which is heartening.  A good number of teams have lost a lot fewer goals than us which we have to work on. 10 for and 2 against in the last 2 games, both away against difficult teams,  is a ratio I hope we can stay close to. 

If you count all competetive games this season i make only Auchinleck and Pollok have scored more goals than yourselves but only 12 teams have conceded more goals.