Jump to content
Hong Kong Phooey

2019/20 West League 1

Recommended Posts

Kello 1-3 Greenock.

Not a lot between the teams today, Kello scored first only for the ref to rule it off for offside, think he must've been the only person there who thought that, the lads standing in line with it all said the striker was onside. Greenock took the lead mid way through the first half when their striker did well on the edge of the box to beat his man and fire low into the far corner. Not long after it should've been two but their player had a Van Vossen moment and hit the bar from 5 yards out.  They did go two up before half time, but the winger was offside when it was headed on to him but ref ignored the appeals.

In about the 65th min Kello got cut open leaving the Greenock player one on one with the keeper and he finished nicely, again there was appeals for offside which where ignored. Kello did manage a consolation goal late on. Very hard for refs to make offside decisions without linesmen but the decision to disallow the first goal was a shocker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

naw...never got one ,stuck with the mince and have to admit they are tasty,best mince pie in league by far......

I expected more from Carluke,they caused an unnecessary tension in the whole match ,we got a red which looked soft,they got one which everyone in the ground seen coming.....but a well deserved 3 pts for us .....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Town Crier said:

naw...never got one ,stuck with the mince and have to admit they are tasty,best mince pie in league by far......

I expected more from Carluke,they caused an unnecessary tension in the whole match ,we got a red which looked soft,they got one which everyone in the ground seen coming.....but a well deserved 3 pts for us .....

 

 

When were the players sent off?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result for the Port today. Would have been happy with a point against Bellshill but to come away with 3 points really wasnt expecting that! MON THE UNDERTAKERS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another big weekend in this competitive league.

Another local derby as The Gow travel to Carluke. One of, if not the worst grounds to watch football in for me. Crowds too far away, always windy, balls out of play too long as they chase balls, depending on who is winning obviously, etc.

 

Anyway ..... Come on The Gow !!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well chuffed with the 3 points for Carluke today, Considering the amount of players we were missing today ,It was a stuffy game but unlike Lesmahagow Carluke created plenty chances & I think we deserved the win .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pt Glasgow 2Lanark 0

Pt Glw missed a penalty early on. Our keeper was red carded for handling outside the box on 30 mins.  Lost the opener about 10 minutes later.

Got a 2nd red on 60 mins. Didn't seem much from where we were but ref was close by so presume it was warranted.  Actually thought Pt Glw played better when we had 11 men on the park as they didn't run away with it despite superior numbers and it being such a huge park.

We hit the post, missed a sitter and their keeper had an excellent save in the last 10 mins. Our lads kept going throughout, which is to their credit.  We never play well on the plastic.

Ref booked our manager for something shouted by one of our fans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glasgow Perthshire 4 v Larkhall Thistle 6
Another great 3pts for the the Jags,however it's another 4 goals conceded,which must be a concern for the management going forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, larky9 said:

Glasgow Perthshire 4 v Larkhall Thistle 6
Another great 3pts for the the Jags,however it's another 4 goals conceded,which must be a concern for the management going forward

great result....I think Perthshire will be pissed shippin 6 goals at home....think their management will have the concerns...lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shettleston 3   Girvan  0

superb showing from the Town today,and not at full strength...

Defence wise we were solid,Ryan Frances was immense putting his body on the line with some tremendous blocks....

In the middle Jonny Howat ,Ruiri Clark and Tommy Lone ran the show,Tommy has been out injured since we signed him from the glens u21s  pre-season and has gradually came into the team the last few games and has excelled.....reminds me of ex player Brian McEwan....very clever on the ball finding passes ye never expect,

with Graham and McGrotty missing from the forward line Samir Khan-Young has provided the goals,3 today 1 last weekend ....

The referee today was female and was her first game at junior level, the usual dubious offside decisions aside she had a decent game,dealt with some heated situations well ,calming both teams down when it could easily have blown up...

 

 

 

Edited by Town Crier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually hate watching a match at carluke to be honest.  From a spectators point of view it's hopeless because you are so far away from the pitch and why on earth they keep 4 7 a side goals dotted around the side of the pitch during the match to further restrict viewing is a bit of a mystery.  We badly miss woody when he is not there because he is by far our most creative player.  I'm also not a fan of plastic pitches however this is no excuse for a very poor display from gow today.  Even when we had 11 men on the pitch we were just not at the races.  My above post is not a case of sour grapes because even though carluke scored late on we probably didn't deserve anything from today's game.  We didn't really have many clear shots or chances.  We hardly tested their goalie.  Anyway we go again and welcome st rochs at craighead next week in the Scottish cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to back victories now for the Port. Played well and felt we controlled most of the game. With the league so tight hoping to climb that table now.
All the best to Lanark for the remainder of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PA14 said:

Back to back victories now for the Port. Played well and felt we controlled most of the game. With the league so tight hoping to climb that table now.
All the best to Lanark for the remainder of the season emoji835.pngemoji836.png

No argument from me.  Your boys should be the fittest in the league having to cover all of that ground every 2nd week.

My steak pie was very good btw.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gowlad said:

Actually hate watching a match at carluke to be honest.  From a spectators point of view it's hopeless because you are so far away from the pitch and why on earth they keep 4 7 a side goals dotted around the side of the pitch during the match to further restrict viewing is a bit of a mystery.  We badly miss woody when he is not there because he is by far our most creative player.  I'm also not a fan of plastic pitches however this is no excuse for a very poor display from gow today.  Even when we had 11 men on the pitch we were just not at the races.  My above post is not a case of sour grapes because even though carluke scored late on we probably didn't deserve anything from today's game.  We didn't really have many clear shots or chances.  We hardly tested their goalie.  Anyway we go again and welcome st rochs at craighead next week in the Scottish cup.

Worst place to watch a game, bar none. Most of the plastic pitches have restricted view due to goals being dotted around - was the same at Pt Glasgow today.  I'd stop going if the plastic pitches started to predominate or I'd ground hop to watch the remaining teams who played on grass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Worst place to watch a game, bar none. Most of the plastic pitches have restricted view due to goals being dotted around - was the same at Pt Glasgow today.  I'd stop going if the plastic pitches started to predominate or I'd ground hop to watch the remaining teams who played on grass.

Spot on bc.  I wouldn't be arsed either if most teams decided that a plastic pitch was the way forward.  Fair play to the carluke fans who continue to go to that stadium every 2nd week because it wouldn't be me if i lived in the town.  However I'm not trying gloss over a pretty poor gow performance today.  Really frustrating as we took a good crowd up there today too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 out and 2 in at Lanark, I believe.  Unfortunately Danny McHugh has left due to time pressures associated with studying for his degree. He is a loss, no doubt.

Johnny Boal has also been released, which is a pity as I thought he was a good acquisition.

In comes Scott Nicol , also ex SBA who made an impressive debut on Saturday along with Kieran Brennan whom I believe has played previously for Alloa. He had some good touches prior to being subbed to accommodate the red card shown to our keeper on 30 minutes.  He looks as if he will do well but I suspect he has some work to do on his fitness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...