2019/20 West League 1

21 minutes ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

Thought you were going to another thread, but you can't help yourself and keep butting in.

Its was a great wee season in the Division. We were slow out the traps and I'm sure bc57 will be delighted with Lanarks's position after coming up from League 2.

First trips to Carluke and the oldest ground in Scottish Junior Football at Larkhall. Tremendous Clubhouse at Gasworks Park and its wee museum of a hall.

Sadly lost a good friend yesterday in wee Les at Shettleston. Love the enthusiasm of Peter and the rest of his Committee at Royal Albert despite all the battles they have to face without complaint (well no many Peter!) Loved the short journeys up the coast and the passion that is that wee corner of Inverclyde with Greenock and the Port.

Raging that some arsehole decides it would be fun to set fire to Bellshills Clubhouse because they are bored, but destroy a Club's continuous hard  work to have a new home in the town.

Great hospitality and gracious in defeat when we stole the game at the Gow. Thanks Andy and committee.

Still enjoy our treks to Girvan and Kello after 40 year. Never easy places to go, but always made welcome.

Wishaw suffered the same as Bellshill in some moron burning down their Clubhouse. Was looking forward to Robert hosting us in the new set up they had work hard to build.

The hardest working guy in the League is wee Billy Adams up at Perthshire. Passionate is an under statement. But love going to Keppoch as its not a place for the faint hearted and it separates the men from the boys. You learn a lot about your own players after 90 minutes in Possil

So I wish you all good luck in the new League and hopefully meet you along the way.

Yes Peter some of us can take joy out of what we had, but we are happy to move on. You don't need to keep telling people about the demise of the Juniors, I think we know that we are moving to a new grade without you constantly butting in and seem to be reveling in it.

I've made a lot of good friends over the past 40 years, better people than some who post on here and look forward to keeping them, making new acquaintances and embracing the new challenges ahead.

I had to remind myself of where we were in the league table and was taken aback to see us sitting 2nd and you 1st!  Whilst I knew things were going to change does anyone have any idea how the teams will be reconfigured?

6 minutes ago, bc57 said:

I had to remind myself of where we were in the league table and was taken aback to see us sitting 2nd and you 1st!  Whilst I knew things were going to change does anyone have any idea how the teams will be reconfigured?

Have a look at the WoSFL website: https://wosfl.co.uk/

22 minutes ago, bc57 said:

As mentioned, your division and the SJFA West Region will no longer exist.

The new West of Scotland Football League will have 67 clubs - all 63 West Juniors and four others. There will probably be four conferences of 17 teams, each containing four clubs from this season's Premiership, four from the Championship and so on. Meaning there will be a big spread of quality but it's fair and gives everyone a fresh start.

For the following season, the top 4 in each conference will form a Premiership, next 4 will be in the Championship etc. like before. This is all to be decided but it's based on what happened in the east.

Thought you were going to another thread, but you can't help yourself and keep butting in.
Its was a great wee season in the Division. We were slow out the traps and I'm sure bc57 will be delighted with Lanarks's position after coming up from League 2.
First trips to Carluke and the oldest ground in Scottish Junior Football at Larkhall. Tremendous Clubhouse at Gasworks Park and its wee museum of a hall.
Sadly lost a good friend yesterday in wee Les at Shettleston. Love the enthusiasm of Peter and the rest of his Committee at Royal Albert despite all the battles they have to face without complaint (well no many Peter!) Loved the short journeys up the coast and the passion that is that wee corner of Inverclyde with Greenock and the Port.
Raging that some arsehole decides it would be fun to set fire to Bellshills Clubhouse because they are bored, but destroy a Club's continuous hard  work to have a new home in the town.
Great hospitality and gracious in defeat when we stole the game at the Gow. Thanks Andy and committee.
Still enjoy our treks to Girvan and Kello after 40 year. Never easy places to go, but always made welcome.
Wishaw suffered the same as Bellshill in some moron burning down their Clubhouse. Was looking forward to Robert hosting us in the new set up they had work hard to build.
The hardest working guy in the League is wee Billy Adams up at Perthshire. Passionate is an under statement. But love going to Keppoch as its not a place for the faint hearted and it separates the men from the boys. You learn a lot about your own players after 90 minutes in Possil
So I wish you all good luck in the new League and hopefully meet you along the way.
Yes Peter some of us can take joy out of what we had, but we are happy to move on. You don't need to keep telling people about the demise of the Juniors, I think we know that we are moving to a new grade without you constantly butting in and seem to be reveling in it.
I've made a lot of good friends over the past 40 years, better people than some who post on here and look forward to keeping them, making new acquaintances and embracing the new challenges ahead.
The gentleman asked a question about what the recent developments meant for this division.

I answered his question.

I don't know why that's a problem.

16 hours ago, glensmad said:

The gentleman asked a question about what the recent developments meant for this division.

I answered his question.

The fella is right in what he said. No-one can doubt your enthusiasm for football, your club and this new set up but you do seem to be taking pleasure in pointing out it's happened, which is out of character for you pal. Yes the man asked a question but a more informed answer was probably what he was after, such as Ginaro gave.

On the point that WWR has made, the change has to be tinged with some sadness as there are some clubs who have played in this league for a long time and relationships have been forged. For example, the point was made on the Talbot forum that, depending on how the reshuffle goes, it could be a long time before Talbot play Cumnock! Hadn't thought of it that way.

However, there will be plenty of new opportunites. All the best to all the clubs in this division for the future.

Edited by jimbaxters

11 hours ago, glensmad said:

I answered his question.

You know exactly why it's a problem.

You saw another opportunity to have a go at the 'Juniors'.

Everyone knows that the WRSJFA will not exist next season, he was asking what it meant for the teams in his current division.

But you're so intent in ingratiating yourself to your new Lords and Masters, that you had to have a pop.

Probably helps with your bid to be their choice of leadership in the new WOSFL.

But it's you and people like you that have some fans wondering what they've got involved in.

On 17/04/2020 at 08:31, Beenzon-Toste said:

You know exactly why it's a problem.

You saw another opportunity to have a go at the 'Juniors'.

Everyone knows that the WRSJFA will not exist next season, he was asking what it meant for the teams in his current division.

But you're so intent in ingratiating yourself to your new Lords and Masters, that you had to have a pop.

Probably helps with your bid to be their choice of leadership in the new WOSFL.

But it's you and people like you that have some fans wondering what they've got involved in.

That would explain a lot of things if true

Cheers for that,it is a great wee set up we have at Larkhall and the committee work tirelessly to keep it going that way

Positive stuff,I'm a visitor from Bristol who has been watching the juniors,and others for about 5 years now. Enjoyed every game at smashing old fashioned grounds,met some brilliant club committee folk and enjoyed banter with fans. All for the love of the game,visited some really nice places and learnt histories etc. I will be back asap and see some more grounds,games,pubs ! A fantastic loyal bunch,best wishes for the future.

1 hour ago, Born&breed said:

Now that the leagues are over. Who are the best players use have faced (if you can remember) 

The Kello keeper sticks in my head.  Saw him 3 times and was excellent every game, even the one that we put 7 past him.

Edited by bc57
incomplete

So when do teams start recruiting for next year?

is it a case of players just go to whoever has the money? Largs in the past have usually took players from Greenock and Port Glasgow as none of them boys at the two clubs get paid at all. Surprising as both teams have some great players.

So when do teams start recruiting for next year?
is it a case of players just go to whoever has the money? Largs in the past have usually took players from Greenock and Port Glasgow as none of them boys at the two clubs get paid at all. Surprising as both teams have some great players.

Who from Port & Greenock do you think would get in the starting team at Largs?