2019/20 West League 1

12 minutes ago, Gowlad said:

Would imagine gow vs port glasgow will be on.  Cracking day up here just now.

Fantastic. I’ve watched both teams play this season gow1 time & PG 3 times. I was impressed with both teams. some good individual flair players. 

Stuck between this & bellshill v shettleston that should be a cracker

1 hour ago, Born&breed said:

Fantastic. I’ve watched both teams play this season gow1 time & PG 3 times. I was impressed with both teams. some good individual flair players. 

Stuck between this & bellshill v shettleston that should be a cracker

We have 1 section of the park that could cause an issue if there is any more rain overnight. Same section has put off the 2 previously cancelled games at Rockburn Park.

10 hours ago, Born&breed said:

What grass parks will on tomorrow in this league? 

Lanark v Greenock will be on. Not played them for some time.  Hopefully we shall see a suitably improved performance after last weekend's debacle.

Took in the Lanark v Greenock game as The Gow game was off today. How Lanark came away with the 3pts I will never know. I know it’s because they scored 3 against 2 and their keeper had another great man of the match display but come one. Greenock deserved at worst a point for their efforts. Lanark are not the team they were early in the season.

15 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Took in the Lanark v Greenock game as The Gow game was off today. How Lanark came away with the 3pts I will never know. I know it’s because they scored 3 against 2 and their keeper had another great man of the match display but come one. Greenock deserved at worst a point for their efforts. Lanark are not the team they were early in the season.

Lanark came away with 3 points because Greenock failed to take their chances. and were unable to capitalise against 10 men for the last 15 minutes.

We were amazed to be ahead at every stage as we were not playing well.  However, the team showed great character considering what happened last week.  We scored 3 really good goals despite being without our top scorer Shug Kerr and conceded two stinkers.  As you say, Gareth Hallford was the man of the match.

On 05/01/2020 at 07:26, bc57 said:

Lanark came away with 3 points because Greenock failed to take their chances. and were unable to capitalise against 10 men for the last 15 minutes.

We were amazed to be ahead at every stage as we were not playing well.  However, the team showed great character considering what happened last week.  We scored 3 really good goals despite being without our top scorer Shug Kerr and conceded two stinkers.  As you say, Gareth Hallford was the man of the match.

Agree we should have lost the game but emphasises the importance of Gareth and I'm sure we'd have had a few more points had he been with us all season.