2019/20 West League 1

McBookie.com West Region League One
Port Glasgow 2 Lesmahagow 0
Port Glasgow go top of the league.

Been quite a while since I have seen us top of a league. I know others have plenty of games in hand but I will enjoy it while it lasts. Hopefully keep up this good run.

CMON THE UNDERTAKERS [emoji835]️[emoji836]️

Been quite a while since I have seen us top of a league. I know others have plenty of games in hand but I will enjoy it while it lasts. Hopefully keep up this good run.

CMON THE UNDERTAKERS [emoji835]️[emoji836]️
Better with the points on board and let the other teams play catch up

Lanark 2 Maryhill 2

Our opponents much improved from the team we hammered earlier in the season.  We had Haddow harshly sent off around 25 minutes for what the ref deemed deliberate handball. Spot kick saved by Gareth Hallford.  Shug Kerr had missed 4 golden chances first half before Maryhill took the lead on 44 mins. We looked like a team with 10 men at this point.

Team regrouped 2nd half and scored 2 lovely worked goals on 47 and 52 minutes. At this point we were well on top and Brannigan spurned a golden chance to score his 2nd of the afternoon before Maryhill sub was given what I personally thought was a harsh red for a full blooded challenge on 63 mins.  Lanark failed to capitalise and either team could have won in the end after we conceded a poor equaliser having been on the attack ourselves on 88 mins.   

Our keeper had more saves to make than their's but we put our chances high,wide or onto the woodwork. Would have taken a point at half time but ultimately we are disappointed to lose a little ground.

Edited by bc57
Incomplete post

Shettleston 6  Royal Albert 0

Tommy Lone who got the ball rolling with the first goal was untouchable today .....We have lacked a creative no10 since Brian McEwan hung up his boots a few years back and this lad just gets better...

six different scorers today was pleasing to see as was another clean sheet....

couple a good young attacking players at Albert ,got good pace but conditions underfoot didn't help....

With our physio absent the visitors one kindly stepped in for our team also ....a nice gesture and much appreciated 👏👏

Ardrossan Winton Rovers v Girvan....homeside to edge it....

East Kilbride Thistle v Carluke Rovers....scoring draw...

Glasgow Perthshire v Port Glasgow....narrow away win...

Kello Rovers v Lesmahagow...doubt if it will be on with weather down there...Two teams who I have been most impressed with in this league....Kello a better team than their league position suggests and the Gow prob the toughest test we have had this season,narrowly beating them 1-0 at Greenfield.

Larkhall Thistle v Lanark Utd ...how will Lanark respond after last weekends result against Maryhill is the big question....Will not find it easy at Gasworks...home win   just

Maryhill v Greenock...away win...

Royal Albert v Bellshill Athletic....Would have to say away win...Albert got some good young players but just lacking that bit more to get them going...

Wishaw Juniors v Shettleston....0-1 tae us...I'll take that