2019/20 West League 1

4 minutes ago, bc57 said:

2 out and 2 in at Lanark, I believe.  Unfortunately Danny McHugh has left due to time pressures associated with studying for his degree. He is a loss, no doubt.

Johnny Boal has also been released, which is a pity as I thought he was a good acquisition.

In comes Scott Nicol , also ex SBA who made an impressive debut on Saturday along with Kieran Brennan whom I believe has played previously for Alloa. He had some good touches prior to being subbed to accommodate the red card shown to our keeper on 30 minutes.  He looks as if he will do well but I suspect he has some work to do on his fitness.

Is that the same Scott Nicol                     ex Larkhall and Arthurlie?

2 out and 2 in at Lanark, I believe.  Unfortunately Danny McHugh has left due to time pressures associated with studying for his degree. He is a loss, no doubt.
Johnny Boal has also been released, which is a pity as I thought he was a good acquisition.
In comes Scott Nicol , also ex SBA who made an impressive debut on Saturday along with Kieran Brennan whom I believe has played previously for Alloa. He had some good touches prior to being subbed to accommodate the red card shown to our keeper on 30 minutes.  He looks as if he will do well but I suspect he has some work to do on his fitness.

Heard Johnny Boal wasn’t too happy and confused why he was dropped for cup final after playing all games leading up to it.

Agree not a fan of the plastic pitches and our one isn’t the greatest to be fair. The surface is poor. Grass park over plastic totally agree. Yes our park is some size wouldn’t have liked to play and train on that back in my days. I feel you seem to see a lot more players getting bad injuries on the surfaces when its hot and gets sticky.

8 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Heard Johnny Boal wasn’t too happy and confused why he was dropped for cup final after playing all games leading up to it.

As did I.  One would have thought that his experience would have been of some benefit to us particularly as we played our right back on the left and put a midfielder at right back. However, there are always 2 sides to every story and our management team will have their reasons - just like the release of Gareth Hallford.  They know best and therefore we have to trust their judgement. 

19 hours ago, bc57 said:

As did I.  One would have thought that his experience would have been of some benefit to us particularly as we played our right back on the left and put a midfielder at right back. However, there are always 2 sides to every story and our management team will have their reasons - just like the release of Gareth Hallford.  They know best and therefore we have to trust their judgement. 

sorry but wasn't a fan of the boy. didn't think he did enough in games. think the management got it right on this

45 minutes ago, PA14 said:

3 points in the bag against our local rivals. Mon the undertakers emoji835.pngemoji836.png

I watched this game tonight as a neutral. I felt that Port Glasgow deserved it: hungrier, sharper and made more chances. Completely different from the game at Ravenscraig a few weeks back.

A good crowd tonight too.

Lanark 3 Carluke 2
Game of 2 halves. Rather fortunate 3 points for us. Carluke had the chances.  They improved at the back when they replaced Sean McKenna who was playing at CB (?!)
First 10 mins cost Carluke today , giving away two stupid goals that shouldn't have happened, second half we clearly dominated but missed that killer touch up front ,just need to pick ourselves up & go again next week .

First weekend kello have a full compliment of players all season and destroyed shettlston 3-1, was actually surprised at the ease, if kello had took there chances it could have been 8-9, shettlston said last weekend they were poor, well today was abysmal, first home win for kello since section Cup, but a think today could be a corner turned

13 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

2 pts thrown away as Lanark come from 2 nil down to take a point at The Gow. Game should have been out of site for The Gow who are struggling in front of goal at the moment.

I heard we were awful yesterday. Worst we have played in a long time, which is saying something as we have had some stinkers this season.  

8 hours ago, bc57 said:

I heard we were awful yesterday. Worst we have played in a long time, which is saying something as we have had some stinkers this season.  

we were shocking yesterday and very lucky to get a point. we cant keep hemorrhaging goals and expecting our strikers to score 3-4 goals every game. we are far to slow at the back to play a back 4. play 3 center halfs and release our fullbacks to go forwards.