2019/20 West League 1

1 hour ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

If it’s the big boy that came on against us on Saturday, why is he not first keeper? He must have had 5 great saves against us and if Jack Currie hadn’t scored 3, that boy would definitely have been my man of the match.

He was certainly a big lad but he was agile enough.

The away game that I am looking forward to most tomorrow - away to Kello Rovers. Never played them before and never been to they ground.  The bonus is the weather is to be good too.

Always enjoy going to Kello, The bowling club behind the ground is cracking for a pint

From what I can see, today may be the first meeting of Winton Rovers v Carluke Rovers. We may have played in the Scottish pre 1939 ( I don't have any records prior to this) but not in the West of Scotland cup.

(there may have been a friendly at Loch Park back in the late 90's but think this could be the first competitive tie)

14th v 1st as well......here's hoping for a Rovers victory 😀

Kello 0 Lanark 7.  We should have won by twice this amount. Missed an incredible number of chances. Another hat trick for Shug Kerr.

Surprised this team won at The Gow and Carluke recently.

The pies were excellent and it was a most enjoyable outing. Glad we did it on a sunny summer day rather than a dreich afternoon in January

Edited by bc57
Typo

On 10/08/2019 at 17:29, bc57 said:

Pumped 2-6 by Wishae. Made a great start, went 1 up but lost 3 sloppy goals in quick succession. When we pulled one back before half time I was convinced we'd win the game. Wrong!

Fair play to Wishaw. Took their chances and our heads dropped.

Been a long time since we have been so well beaten. First defeat of the season.

Am struggling with this loss given that Wishaw have lost all their other games and only scored one goal in the process!  It's a funny old game as Mr St.John used to say.

Maryhill 0  Shettleston 5......McGrotty continued his impressive start to the season scoring a 1st half hat-trick....

After a great midweek win at Greenock I expected a tough encounter today from Maryhill.....but in truth our defenders where rarely troubled...winning anything that came their way with ease...going forward we destroyed them and then got the rough treatment....

Great start to the season ,unbeaten, scoring goals,young squad (oldest 27), playing decent fiba,.....

8 hours ago, bc57 said:

By the month end we will have played 13 games in 36 days.  That is far too many games IMO.

1 hour ago, outsider said:

Totally agree, is it any wonder players get injuries and niggles early in the season.

Couple of seasons ago we played 22 games in 52 days after being knocked out at semi-final of Scottish Junior Cup.

Killed our promotion hopes stone dead. 

5 hours ago, bc57 said:

Sad to learn that Gareth Hallford has asked for a transfer.  Best keeper that Lanark have had in my time supporting them.

Watched Gareth a few times over the years,most notably when he was with Lanark 1st time out ...

came to our attention when John Fallon jnr and snr were at the Town ....they raved about him and were looking to bring him to the Town .but was clear he would go senior...decent keeper Lanark must have to keep him out..

Edited by Town Crier

On 24/08/2019 at 17:34, bc57 said:

Am struggling with this loss given that Wishaw have lost all their other games and only scored one goal in the process!  It's a funny old game as Mr St.John used to say.

I repeat, how could we play so badly and get humped by Wishaw and yet put in a performance like that with the bare bones of a squad at Pollok?  Crazy.