2019/20 West League 1

So all of a sudden you witnessed it although in your previous post you state (HOW THIS INCIDENT WAS WITNESSED BY OTHERS) there for all to see,your version is a total fabrication of the event and you should hold your head in shame,its easy to come on a live forum and tell lies and make a story up,if anyone should be getting punished it should be the Carluke player for initially assaulting the Larkhall player and maybe if you had seen the wound you would know it was 100% assault,the ball was at the other end of the park why and how could he run into the Larkhall player with such force  that you could actually see skull in the wound,i will tell you why because it was intentional and for the record im not a Larkhall fan i got invited by a friend,like i said previously for the sake of the lads think we should put this one to bed.
Calm down Hattrick before you collapse. You better get your reading glasses on. Never did I say that I didn't see it in any of the above posts that I have written. You are mistaking me for something another poster has written.
Calm down take a.few deep breaths and read it slowly .
I'll accept your apology in advance.
You should take your own advice.and let it go instead of acting like a dug with a burst ball.

So all of a sudden you witnessed it although in your previous post you state (HOW THIS INCIDENT WAS WITNESSED BY OTHERS) there for all to see,your version is a total fabrication of the event and you should hold your head in shame,its easy to come on a live forum and tell lies and make a story up,if anyone should be getting punished it should be the Carluke player for initially assaulting the Larkhall player and maybe if you had seen the wound you would know it was 100% assault,the ball was at the other end of the park why and how could he run into the Larkhall player with such force  that you could actually see skull in the wound,i will tell you why because it was intentional and for the record im not a Larkhall fan i got invited by a friend,like i said previously for the sake of the lads think we should put this one to bed.

You said earlier it’s wasn’t jack currie. What you trying to cover up here ? You hoping it just goes away?

9 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

You said earlier it’s wasn’t jack currie. What you trying to cover up here ? You hoping it just goes away?

Ive never mentioned who it was from Larkhall in any of my previous posts,sorry for any confusion HKP,no reason to cover anything up everything i write is facts and the lads injury dosent lie ,will be attending a Gow game soon would be good to catch up hopefully continue the same form as last season all the best. 

5 hours ago, South Beach said:

After some good signings i really thought the winton would do well this season, been a tough start granted, but with a couple of home games they'll be looking to get points on the board sharp.

I thought they were very poor last Saturday. Had a huge squad to choose from.

2 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Hattrick I understand you trying to defend your player but what he did here was wrong and there's no defending it.
The player in question here is Jack Currie he was wearing the number 8 shirt.
I know him from when he played with the Gow. Unfortunately I was never making the Gow game at Wishaw by the time I got home from work so the drive to Larkhall from Stonehouse was a no brainer but I wish I'd stayed at home because what I saw has left me disgusted.
The first piece of aggression I saw from Jack Currie was about 3 or 4minutes before the main punching incident when Larkhall had a kick at the Carluke end. The ball was cleared but I saw Jack headbutt the Carluke defender in the face (the same boy who he later punched). It happens at all levels but it shouldn't Nothing seems to have been mentioned about this but I did hear Larkhall players admit that they saw this to who I take it were Carluke officials standing beside the injured lad after the game.
The game went on for a few minutes then I saw the Carluke defender running behind Currie and there was definitely a clash of heads there when Jack stopped and the defender ran into the back of him. Was it a deliberate head butt into the back of Jack's head by the defender? I don't know but my opinion is no. What happened next was as the defender was looking ahead to the game Jack punched him on the face which knocked the Carluke player out. My opinion on this is it was a cheap shot. A cowarly aggressive act by Currie as I said in my earlier post.
I didn't see any elbows thrown throughout the incident as was also mentioned.
It was only after this that I saw Jack head starting to bleed and getting a bandage applied at the side of the park .I've no 'my player your player' involvement and what happens to Jack Currie for his actions is up to the club or authorities but for nothing to be done would be disgraceful.
I've said what I saw, no ifs buts or maybes.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

"Knuckles" is an unfortunate handle given the current thread but following your unbiased and very honest post I think we can piece this together now. I am thinking that if Currie had minutes earlier attempted to headbutt Carluke's Peter Byrne he must have already had a bee in his bonnet before the main altercation. This would explain  why when they were running up the park behind each other Currie "slammed the anchors on" for no reason when the ball was at the opposite end of the field because he knew the Carluke player was behind him and was inciting the incident. He knew Byrne would run into the back of him giving him the excuse for his next deliberate action which knocked the player unconscious with his jaw broken in two places. He just didn't expect to have his own head cut in the process. However he caught Byrne unaware when he stopped so suddenly and then stood his ground for Byrne to run into him. I can only concur with yourself that action has to be taken by someone be it his own club or the authorities. It is too late for Peter Byrne but whose son will be next to suffer at his hands if this is left unpunished?

55 minutes ago, fitbawellfan said:

"Knuckles" is an unfortunate handle given the current thread but following your unbiased and very honest post I think we can piece this together now. I am thinking that if Currie had minutes earlier attempted to headbutt Carluke's Peter Byrne he must have already had a bee in his bonnet before the main altercation. This would explain  why when they were running up the park behind each other Currie "slammed the anchors on" for no reason when the ball was at the opposite end of the field because he knew the Carluke player was behind him and was inciting the incident. He knew Byrne would run into the back of him giving him the excuse for his next deliberate action which knocked the player unconscious with his jaw broken in two places. He just didn't expect to have his own head cut in the process. However he caught Byrne unaware when he stopped so suddenly and then stood his ground for Byrne to run into him. I can only concur with yourself that action has to be taken by someone be it his own club or the authorities. It is too late for Peter Byrne but whose son will be next to suffer at his hands if this is left unpunished?

Looks like someones trying to stir the pot here, theres a massive difference between a coming together in the box wich actually happened and someone trying to put the head in someone wich never happened or the ref would have dealt with it because he was only 5-10 yards away, stop clutching at straws to make the larkhall player out to be the big bad guy, 2 wrongs dont make a right but its finished, the games over let it go and im sure the next game the 2 boys will shake hands n forget about it

Ive never mentioned who it was from Larkhall in any of my previous posts,sorry for any confusion HKP,no reason to cover anything up everything i write is facts and the lads injury dosent lie ,will be attending a Gow game soon would be good to catch up hopefully continue the same form as last season all the best. 

We are at Larky next Saturday.

5 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Hattrick I understand you trying to defend your player but what he did here was wrong and there's no defending it.
The player in question here is Jack Currie he was wearing the number 8 shirt.
I know him from when he played with the Gow. Unfortunately I was never making the Gow game at Wishaw by the time I got home from work so the drive to Larkhall from Stonehouse was a no brainer but I wish I'd stayed at home because what I saw has left me disgusted.
The first piece of aggression I saw from Jack Currie was about 3 or 4minutes before the main punching incident when Larkhall had a kick at the Carluke end. The ball was cleared but I saw Jack headbutt the Carluke defender in the face (the same boy who he later punched). It happens at all levels but it shouldn't Nothing seems to have been mentioned about this but I did hear Larkhall players admit that they saw this to who I take it were Carluke officials standing beside the injured lad after the game.
The game went on for a few minutes then I saw the Carluke defender running behind Currie and there was definitely a clash of heads there when Jack stopped and the defender ran into the back of him. Was it a deliberate head butt into the back of Jack's head by the defender? I don't know but my opinion is no. What happened next was as the defender was looking ahead to the game Jack punched him on the face which knocked the Carluke player out. My opinion on this is it was a cheap shot. A cowarly aggressive act by Currie as I said in my earlier post.
I didn't see any elbows thrown throughout the incident as was also mentioned.
It was only after this that I saw Jack head starting to bleed and getting a bandage applied at the side of the park .I've no 'my player your player' involvement and what happens to Jack Currie for his actions is up to the club or authorities but for nothing to be done would be disgraceful.
I've said what I saw, no ifs buts or maybes.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Just came across this and no chance this is what hapened Jack was at The Hoose for 2 seasons and i can count on 1 hand the amount of cards he had and never witnesed him lifting his hand something serious must have happened to him Mr Byrne has not got such a clean discaplinary record from what i have heard .

4 hours ago, nutmeg1 said:

Just came across this and no chance this is what hapened Jack was at The Hoose for 2 seasons and i can count on 1 hand the amount of cards he had and never witnesed him lifting his hand something serious must have happened to him Mr Byrne has not got such a clean discaplinary record from what i have heard .

Whether Peter Byrne or Jack Currie have unblemished records is irrelevant. What absolutely no one is disagreeing with including Currie supporters is that Jack Currie punched Peter Byrne in the face so hard that he broke his jaw in two places, needed an ambulance, put him out of work for god knows how long and possibly out of football permanently. Indefensible guys C’mon!

22 minutes ago, fitbawellfan said:

Whether Peter Byrne or Jack Currie have unblemished records is irrelevant. What absolutely no one is disagreeing with including Currie supporters is that Jack Currie punched Peter Byrne in the face so hard that he broke his jaw in two places, needed an ambulance, put him out of work for god knows how long and possibly out of football permanently. Indefensible guys C’mon!

So Byrne can do what he wants and get away with it,im sure the Larkhall player will be out of work and will also miss his football due to his horrendous injury to the back of his head due to the assault from behind this could all have been avoided if the Carluke player had not STRUCK first which was witnessed by myself and other fans.

Pumped 2-6 by Wishae. Made a great start, went 1 up but lost 3 sloppy goals in quick succession. When we pulled one back before half time I was convinced we'd win the game. Wrong!

Fair play to Wishaw. Took their chances and our heads dropped.

Been a long time since we have been so well beaten. First defeat of the season.

Decent performance today by kello, who has 4 players suspended including their keeper, 2 on holiday and 2playing with injuries, then 2 trialist in to help out, they could have been up 4-0 at halftime, struggled more when Carluke went down to 10men than they did against 11,

great response shown today after going down 1-0 so early in the game 

Rovers couldn't handle Our striker McGrotty ,the big chap scored a superb equaliser before having a hand in the 2nd (og) and grabbing his 2nd all before the 30 min mark.....

Much needed 3pts after our draws in the opening games......

5 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Are the Lanark team still short of players due to injury or do you have a few back?

Chucky Watt and Lewis Hill scored 23 and 19 goals respectively last season are both still missing.

First choice keeper missing today through injury ( not that I am blaming his young replacement).

Declan Lafferty, who made 33 appearances last season, made his first appearance this season as a 2nd half sub.  Our first choice left back has been out injured for 3 weeks.  Danny McHugh was on the park first half but barely kicked a ball and was clearly unfit.

We've been suffering but, no excuses, the team we had on the park should have been able to do much better than that today.