2019/20 West League 1

Hugely understrength Lanark beat a poor Ardrossan team today. They have the biggest squad I have ever seen.

Just a shame James Martin only lasted about 20 minutes today or I suspect the scoreline would have been somewhat different.

16 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Usually a good game between these 2.

I wouldn't bank on it, especially from the home fans' perspective. It looks more likely to be a one sided contest, I notice the bookies have priced Lesmahagow at 4/9 on, given all form this season to date I doubt they will be far wrong. Do hope I'm pleasantly surprised - the first goal of season 19/20 would be nice (although won't complain if that's being saved for Moor Park on Saturday when I'm back in the country). All credit to the Gow for the way they have turned things around. - Wishy were just as hot favourites on their last visit in May last year and, if I remember rightly, romped home about 4-0 or 4-1. Things have (sadly from Wishy's POV) moved on a great deal since then.

On the bright side, it is shaping up to be a highly competitive league, there seem to be a lot of strong sides (particularly from Lanarkshire) in the mix. Unfortunately it looks like Wishy may be battling away at the wrong end, having said this I do expect the usual improvement once the weather turns and the heavy pitches come in. Am also looking forward to visits to Lanark and Girvan (nice to have these fixtures in August rather than the middle of winter despite less chance of a result). Sadly I'm at that stage of life where any excitement surrounding a new season is a distant memory associated with getting up early during school holidays to head to the paper shop (Lannnigan's in the Wishy of yore) for the 'Shoot' league ladders!

I wouldn't bank on it, especially from the home fans' perspective. It looks more likely to be a one sided contest, I notice the bookies have priced Lesmahagow at 4/9 on, given all form this season to date I doubt they will be far wrong. Do hope I'm pleasantly surprised - the first goal of season 19/20 would be nice (although won't complain if that's being saved for Moor Park on Saturday when I'm back in the country). All credit to the Gow for the way they have turned things around. - Wishy were just as hot favourites on their last visit in May last year and, if I remember rightly, romped home about 4-0 or 4-1. Things have (sadly from Wishy's POV) moved on a great deal since then.
On the bright side, it is shaping up to be a highly competitive league, there seem to be a lot of strong sides (particularly from Lanarkshire) in the mix. Unfortunately it looks like Wishy may be battling away at the wrong end, having said this I do expect the usual improvement once the weather turns and the heavy pitches come in. Am also looking forward to visits to Lanark and Girvan (nice to have these fixtures in August rather than the middle of winter despite less chance of a result). Sadly I'm at that stage of life where any excitement surrounding a new season is a distant memory associated with getting up early during school holidays to head to the paper shop (Lannnigan's in the Wishy of yore) for the 'Shoot' league ladders!

Wishaw have lost a lot of decent players over the last couple of years but I still expect a good game. Is James Coffey still playing with Wishy?

What happened with the Glasgow Perthshire and Bellshill game? Abandoned with the rain ?

Injury to our player Steven Logan looks like a broken leg a massive shame for a top guy and player who has just worked his way back from a year out with injury

14 minutes ago, Knuckles said:
59 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Reports were an off the ball incident ?

Larkhall player took a cheap shot punch at the Carluke player off the ball when the young guy wasn't looking....coward

Would that be the Larkhall player who is off to hospital to get a number of stitches in the back of his head that happened when he wasnt looking 

7 hours ago, Benny Factor said:

Would that be the Larkhall player who is off to hospital to get a number of stitches in the back of his head that happened when he wasnt looking 

Yeh this correct as the 2 players clashed heads in a coming together which caused the blood but for the Larkhall lad to turn round and punch the carluke lad putting him out cold for some time is acceptable in your eyes?? 

31 minutes ago, T3ry12345 said:

Yeh this correct as the 2 players clashed heads in a coming together which caused the blood but for the Larkhall lad to turn round and punch the carluke lad putting him out cold for some time is acceptable in your eyes?? 

At no point have I said anything is acceptable. I am only stating the fact that there was an incident prior to the alleged cheap shot and it was not a clash of heads.  The picture you paint might be slightly different from what actually happened.