2019/20 West League 1

With the opening fixtures now announced, how's your team shaping up? The Gow have added what looks like 4 good additions to last years strong squad and so far, only one departure. The management and committee have been working hard as always and hopefully another couple of additions and we should be a decent team in this league.

Really looking forward to this league with some good derbies coming along, best of luck to all.

Opening Fixtures.jpg

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

Yes on and off 2 seasons I think
The year we got promoted,he left at the end of the season with the rest of players and management,he went to Arthurlie with big Sinky for about 4/5 months then came back to us for the remainder of the season

On 27/06/2019 at 19:33, larky9 said:

Larkhall Thistle have added a few experienced guys,and also Graham Gracie is back
Should be a competitive league this season

Gracie is a great player ,good bit of business getting him back

Think wee tried to lure him to Greenfield when he left Albion Rovers,..always a thorn our side over the years with his goals against us...

Gracie is a great player ,good bit of business getting him back
Think wee tried to lure him to Greenfield when he left Albion Rovers,..always a thorn our side over the years with his goals against us...
He is a Larkhall boy,I knew he wanted to try the seniors with Albion Rovers,but he should've came back too Larkhall,instead of Cumnock,but he is home now

Looking forward to going back to Lanark,Gasworks and the Gow,all great old style grounds better than this cage shite.....

The Gow would be one of my favs..nice wee pub and walk to the game....think we may have been the last team to visit before the tsunami hit your ground...

Its been another rebuilding job for Shettleston.

From last season we have resigned Gk Danny McLean, Anthony Dempsey, Craig Connelly, Steven Logan and Top scorer Liam Fergusson...

Scott Cameron, Dylan Kennedy, David McCallum and Steffan Graham have all joined the club..

2 hours ago, Town Crier said:

Looking forward to going back to Lanark,Gasworks and the Gow,all great old style grounds better than this cage shite.....

The Gow would be one of my favs..nice wee pub and walk to the game....think we may have been the last team to visit before the tsunami hit your ground...

Yeah the black bull across from Ladbrokes is a good pub.  Always got football and horses on and the grub is also excellent.  I don't remember if you were the last team to visit but I do remember in 2012 gow and shettleston played out a 4-4 draw.  But I don't remember playing yous after that.  

Yeah the black bull across from Ladbrokes is a good pub.  Always got football and horses on and the grub is also excellent.  I don't remember if you were the last team to visit but I do remember in 2012 gow and shettleston played out a 4-4 draw.  But I don't remember playing yous after that.  

Most visitors end up in the masons as it’s closest. Both great wee pubs.

I was told that the lad Coogans that was announced in the local press as signing for The Gow has now gone to St Rochs?  What happened there?

Said he was coming but changed his mind when it came to deadline day. Same as that wee shit Chucky. Said he was coming to us numerous times and ended up staying with Carluke.

Only a wee shit cause he always scores against us... and I tell him that most games..... haha

19 hours ago, Town Crier said:

Always enjoy watching a game at The Gow.

Really looking to visiting alot of new grounds this season, lanark, Lesmahagow, Carluke, Bellshill, Wishaw, Royal Albert, port Glasgow, greenock, will all be new grounds for me, a few new faces in at kello rovers and a new management team in, so we'll wait and see how we fair, could be a very interesting league