West Region AGM 26/06/19

11TH MAY 1991

2 hours ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Any truth in the rumour that SR stated there will NOT be a pyramid?

No what he said was that in his opinion the pyramid was a piece of nonsense and I have to agree. .The boat has sailed a long time ago and the queue for the next boat will only take you to the lowest tier in the Lowland league. These associations were never going to allow themselves to be steam rolled. However I may be wrong

No what he said was that in his opinion the pyramid was a piece of nonsense and I have to agree. .The boat has sailed a long time ago and the queue for the next boat will only take you to the lowest tier in the Lowland league. These associations were never going to allow themselves to be steam rolled. However I may be wrong

There is only one tier in the Lowland League - that's the Lowland League. [emoji849]

How are they being steamrolled? They biggest change that might come could be the loss of the Scottish Cup places. It was a tight vote last time and they could well be withdrawn. The fact that so many SJFA and West Region officials fiddle while Rome burns is incredible.

3 hours ago, sweep said:

These days the  pyramid is the totality of the rest of Scottish football, with the Premiership being the top tier - effectively he's saying everything outside the Junior bubble is not worth bothering about?

Bunker mentality right there.

4 hours ago, sweep said:

No what he said was that in his opinion the pyramid was a piece of nonsense and I have to agree. .The boat has sailed a long time ago and the queue for the next boat will only take you to the lowest tier in the Lowland league....

This shows why people thinking that having the west region officials doing the PWG negotiating rather than Tom Johnston would make a difference are probably wrong. Not sure that's an accurate assessment for the clubs as opposed to many of the SJFA's officeholders though. Top division clubs in the west can still reasonably expect to get in at tier 6 as soon as 2020-21 with only one promotion needed to get to the LL, because there is no objection from any of the leagues and associations involved in the PWG meetings to there being a west feeder into the LL and it would still be possible for those clubs to quickly get licensed by the SFA and progress further up the pyramid if they did well as Bonnyrigg Rose just did. The boat has sailed thing looks a lot more accurate in the east where it could easily be tier 8 for entry by next season, if the EoS can successfully maintain their role as being the only east feeder south of the Tay.

I am sure I read that E.U.F.A. told the S.F.A. to get their house in order and have a pirimid system set up. So its not their baby and do not look to be very interested.

There may be some truth to that, but having Alan McRae of Cove Rangers as SFA vice-president and then president is what probably helped make the issue a priority at SFA Board level given they along with Spartans were the most gung ho about SPFL entry and needed a way to be able to get promoted. Stewart Regan is alleged to have had a pyramid implementation bonus written into his contract as SFA CEO so he would be the Robin to Alan McRae's Batman, and people involved with Spartans were instrumental in getting the LL launched in what was arguably a very self-serving way.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

"A piece of nonsense" dear me......

Set-up a WoS and let's get on with it.