2018/19 West Region Champions Cup draw

Sunrise

• 5 months later...
43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I see it is also billed on the West Region website as the "Evening Times Cup".

They must have renewed their sponsorship after all.

With the draw for the Scottish being carried out in their offices then you're probably right, although why anyone would put sponsorship into a daft cup which has been tucked away in the middle of the season is beyond me.

Fans are never considered in any of these things. The Association officials are an absolute waste of space. 

Edited by jimbaxters

I actually think this competition should be held like a pre-season tournament at a neutral venue.

Two semi-finals games on the Saturday, two games on the Sunday (3rd & 4th place and final), like the various pre-season tournaments we have.

I think it would help raise its profile, and it's more relevant with the champions of the previous season instead of having it near the end of the following season with the champions from almost a year previously.

I'm sure there are plenty of venues around the junior scene which could host a tournament like that, as several do currently.

Just a suggestion, and the Evening Times could help market it and get good crowds at it.

With the draw for the Scottish being carried out in their offices then you're probably right, although why anyone would put sponsorship into a daft cup which has been tucked away in the middle of the season is beyond me.
Fans are never considered in any of these things. The Association officials are an absolute waste of space. 
Sponsor a cup which has three games and regularly get to host the draw for the junior flagship. That looks like a decent deal to me.

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:
On 03/12/2019 at 13:20, jimbaxters said:

Sponsor a cup which has three games and regularly get to host the draw for the junior flagship. That looks like a decent deal to me.

They regularly host the draw anyway, although it would definitely have been a sweetener. Have to admit, I'm not following your logic as to why it's better to sponsor a cup with less games. Surely less games/rounds means less exposure?

Don't see it listed as the Evening Times Cup anymore.
I had heard that they'd stopped their sponsorship. Blamed the new format for it but on reality they wanted out anyway.
You are correct, it has now been changed. I understand that Evening Times (or the Glasgow Times) are no longer sponsoring the Champions Cup.