A-League 2019/20 + FFA Cup 2019

Eednud

I went to see Phoenix at Eden last season and it was a pretty healthy crowd. Further proof to my theory that Roy Krishna was absolute box office

The Phoenix are back up here in February so hopefully will attract a bigger crowd. They have been doing pretty well this season and have a few young promising Kiwi’s coming through. Krishna certainly was a bit of a cult hero though.

Would love for an Auckland based team to in the A-League as apart from the ASB Premiership, which is pretty average, there is nothing else.

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

Desperation? WU’s Round 16 game on Australia Day will now be played at Whitten Oval in Footscray.

Smacks of it, another large empty AFL Oval. They're homeless refugees.

Knights Stadium is sitting there, main stand holds 3,000 and with temp stands could be converted into a compact 8k capacity? stadium.  I'm not sure they have even talked to the Knights about it, but it would be a better spectacle and experience that an empty oval.

What a finish to the game in Gosford. In added on time 2 VAR penalty decisions go the Mariners way and Matty Simon keeps his cool and 1-2 turns into a 3-2 victory and Marco Kurtz gets a red card in the 100th minute.

Went to the Glory Adalaide game and if Adalaide took their chances it would have been a completely different game, but I'll take the three points, clean sheet and 5 games wins on the bounce.

That’s 4 defeats on the trot for Adelaide and home 3 defeats from our 6 home games so far. Hoping for a victory over Victory at home this Friday. Olyroos virtually assured of qualification for the knock-out stage of the AFC U23 Championships in Thailand but a draw against Bahrain tomorrow night will guarantee it and win will ensure top place.

That’s 4 defeats on the trot for Adelaide and home 3 defeats from our 6 home games so far. Hoping for a victory over Victory at home this Friday. Olyroos virtually assured of qualification for the knock-out stage of the AFC U23 Championships in Thailand but a draw against Bahrain tomorrow night will guarantee it and win will ensure top place.
Got a good win Friday night mate

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

A month to the big kick off in NPL South Australia?

You know more than I do. Had to look it up and Friday 21 February Campbelltown City v Adelaide Blue Eagles with rest of the games on Saturday.