A-League 2019/20 + FFA Cup 2019

Eednud

Have to admit before the game and even at half time I didn’t expect AUFC to win. Fantastic performance. I have nor seen AUFC lose a domestic cup final in Adelaide. That’s 3 x FFA Cup, 1 x A-League Pre-Season Challenge Cup all at Hindmarsh/Coopers Stadium plus 1 x A-League Grand Final at Adelaide Oval.

Nobody in Newcastle Jets colours can hold their heads high in that second half. Especially keeper for the second goal, who only really had to keep the same position as the corner before, and stupidly ran for the front post to watch the ball sail over him. McGree must have thought he won a watch.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Sydney/McGowan derby not bad so far. Sydney quite unlucky to be behind at half time and could still go either way.

There was a couple of horrendous misses there, even if one of them was offside anyways. If they walk away with nothing here, they can have no complaints. You can't make those chances and not take advantage.

18 minutes ago, Andrew Wells said:

There was a couple of horrendous misses there, even if one of them was offside anyways. If they walk away with nothing here, they can have no complaints. You can't make those chances and not take advantage.

Great needle in the game. Can't believe it took 55 minutes for Schwegler to get booked.

• 5 weeks later...

Ziggy Gordon had another decent game today for CCM. Clean sheet and three points.

I've seen him play a few times now and he's looked decent each time. Seems to be settling in well.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Phoenix are playing in Auckland tonight I’m heading along. Haven’t really been following them this season but they seem to be pinning a lot of their hopes on Gary Hooper. Awesome weather over here so perfect night for a game and a few beers.

Going back to yesterday's match with Melbourne City and Perth Glory. City looked waaaayyyy off the boil. Second to so nearly everything and sloppy as f**k when they DID get the ball. Perth Glory were hardly brilliant either but they were the only team who looked even close to winning.

Phoenix 2 - 1 Wanderers

Pretty shit first half with all the action coming in the 2nd. My first experience of VAR live as Phoenix were awarded a penalty for handball in the box after been given a corner originally. Pretty good to watch a game of football on a warm summers night with a beer in hand albeit at a pretty sparse Eden Park. D17DE81A-98B4-4AA9-82B6-EB8CBEEA73A5.jpg

Adelaide United might have their lowest crowd of the season today. It’s 37.6 just over 2 hours before the 17:30 kick/off and it won’t be any cooler then. They asked the A-League to put kick-off back 2 hours but annoying c***s said no.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute scenes at the end of the game in Adelaide. Western Sydney 3-1 up in stoppage time before 2 late penalties (the 2nd a highly dubious VAR handball award) for Adelaide. 1st one scored, 2nd one so debatable the WSW defender walks off the pitch in protest. Adelaide striker steps up to tie the game....and Baggios it. [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

WU were a farce to begin with, Team 11 (if they were going to go Melbourne) were the stronger bid.  Both Canberra and Wollongong were safer bets, but they went with the metrics demanded by Fox.

Wouldn't surprise me to see another Melbourne Heart, where WU are bought by Team 11 and moved east.  WU aren't going to survive another 2 years (minimum) at Geelong/Ballarat on crowds of 5,000/6,000

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 08:52, Mon_The_Fife said:

Phoenix 2 - 1 Wanderers

Pretty shit first half with all the action coming in the 2nd. My first experience of VAR live as Phoenix were awarded a penalty for handball in the box after been given a corner originally. Pretty good to watch a game of football on a warm summers night with a beer in hand albeit at a pretty sparse Eden Park. D17DE81A-98B4-4AA9-82B6-EB8CBEEA73A5.jpg

I went to see Phoenix at Eden last season and it was a pretty healthy crowd. Further proof to my theory that Roy Krishna was absolute box office