What is the best result your junior team has ever had? Mine would have to be beating Ayr Utd. Is this one of the biggest shocks in Scottish cup history?

15 hours ago, andy25 said:
15 hours ago, Sunrise said:

For all their strengths in Junior fitba, Talbot have had a bit of a blind spot in the senior - in recent times losing to Edinburgh City, Cumbernauld Colts, and Beith. That Ayr result changed that... maybe.

What about beating Cove and Fraserburgh ?

Of course - I was more noting it took until last season to knock out a full SPFL side.

Guest Moomintroll
Awe right sorry was itno called the Cunningham cup back then
Changed at some point in the early nineties I think, was still the Cunninghame Cup when we had last won it in 1989.

Guest Moomintroll
Think the last time I was at Meadow Park they had it in the social club apparently they were the last ever winners so got to keep it
Would have been 1995 then.

52 minutes ago, gogsy said:

We have a winner here, game away from home and the fact that Bonnyrigg are clearly a diddier team than Auchinleck Talbot.

Talbot don't  often draw diddy teams from the east, most are out by that stage.☺️

10 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:
17 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

The West Super is the same level as the Lowland League for now. In six or seven years it may be just below once it all starts to equal out but the top teams would be challenging for the LL just now that's for sure.

There is no "West Super". It's now Premiership/Championship/League1/League2.

As this thread is asking for best result by your junior club, I never thought to offer my opinion on best Scottish Cup result by a junior side.

However IMHO it was Talbot losing 1-0 at Tynecastle. They were in it until the final whistle and if it wasn't for a couple of poor refereeing decisions then they might have taken it back to Beechwood.

25 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

As this thread is asking for best result by your junior club, I never thought to offer my opinion on best Scottish Cup result by a junior side.

However IMHO it was Talbot losing 1-0 at Tynecastle. They were in it until the final whistle and if it wasn't for a couple of poor refereeing decisions then they might have taken it back to Beechwood.

As a Hearts fan... something I don’t admit to much 🤫 Talbot were absolutely robbed that day and deserved at least a replay out of that game. They were brilliant!

A bit parochial and maybe pushing it compare this to many examples seen above - but seeing us win at Hurlford in the second leg of the Scottish Junior Cup final was special. Well deserved on the day. Just magic.

Not as it was who Hurlford (or any other side) were, more when we drew 2-2 at home (probably second-best in the second half too) and one Twitter account thought it was wise to say "it's increasingly likely it'll be Talbot v Ford again"... many Limmy gifs were conjured that night!

Edited by Sunrise