What is the best result your junior team has ever had? Mine would have to be beating Ayr Utd. Is this one of the biggest shocks in Scottish cup history?

Purely in the Scottish Cup,

28/11/09

Irvine Meadow 1 Arbroath 0 Scottish Cup 3rd Round.

Had beaten Brora Rangers and Selkirk both away in previous rounds. The win over Arbroath was the first ever victory for a Junior team over a senior team in a competitive game, and set up a 4th round trip versus Hibs at Easter Road. The Arbroath fans had arrived predicting a very easy away win.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

28/11/09

Had beaten Brora Rangers and Selkirk both away in previous rounds. The win over Arbroath was the first ever victory for a Junior team over a senior team in a competitive game, and set up a 4th round trip versus Hibs at Easter Road. The Arbroath fans had arrived predicting a very easy away win.

So after beating 2 senior sides, the 3rd one was the first ever time a senior side was beaten by a junior team in the Scottish Cup?

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

So after beating 2 senior sides, the 3rd one was the first ever time a senior side was beaten by a junior team in the Scottish Cup?

Senior league team - what would now be called SPFL.

Then would be SPL / SFL

Apologies for the inaccuracy and hope that clarifies.

Statistically our best result was probably drawing 2-2 aet at Stirling Albion in the big Scottish before losing on penalties as they are the only SPFL league side we have ever played competitively.

However, the best result we have ever had IMO was beating Irvine Meadow in the Ayrshire League Play-off in 1972/73. At that time Meadow and Cambuslang Rangers were the top junior sides in the country by a long way. So for Hurlford to win that match 4-1 was pretty special.

I think Inverness Thistle 3-0 Kilmarnock back in '85 was a bigger shock, particularly since the Jags were hovering around the foot of the Highland League at the time. They went on to lose 6-0 to Celtic in the next round, mind. Fraserburgh beat Dundee back in the 50s as well, off the top of my head.

28/11/09

I think the biggest shock was how utterly garbage Arbroath were. Wouldn’t fancy facing them nowadays, however.

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

crappy crappy Edinburgh crappy City from the crappy Lowland crappy League beating the mighty Junior outfit Talbot in the Scottish Cup was satisifying....

It is a good job you are "on the bog" with all the crapping you are doing tamthebum. Thanks for the compliment.     ☺️

Not too long ago [emoji2]For me it was a sunny Sunday in June[emoji847] when the Talbot slayer let fly with a left footer from a mile away [emoji5] straight into the top corner of the net. Oh the joy of bringing the Scottish junior cup to loch park.
I'm sure there are other occasions when the Afton had memorable results. But for me it was this result, a result that gave us one of three trophies in what was a wonderful season [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

Guest Nocknosh1988
4 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

Not too long ago emoji2.pngFor me it was a sunny Sunday in Juneemoji847.png when the Talbot slayer let fly with a left footer from a mile away emoji5.png straight into the top corner of the net. Oh the joy of bringing the Scottish junior cup to loch park.
I'm sure there are other occasions when the Afton had memorable results. But for me it was this result, a result that gave us one of three trophies in what was a wonderful season emoji471.pngemoji471.pngemoji471.png

Oh dear are yous lot up in Antarctica  still living off that. Yous haven’t kicked a ball since then.