Quarter finals

GordonS

12 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The word 'hero' get's banded about a bit much these days, but Phil Neville truly is a hero. A god amongst women. Compared to him, Princess Diana was an absolute c**t.

Greeny given but taken back due to use of 'banded' ;)

The word 'hero' get's banded about a bit much these days, but Phil Neville truly is a hero. A god amongst women. Compared to him, Princess Diana was an absolute c**t.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

9 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I've learned something new today. Gracias, amigo. I'll just blame it on auto correct, though.

Feel welcome.  I won't bandy words with you...

On the game...deserved win for England but they have a dreadful midfield and I think they look what they are - a decent semi final team.

The USA are by far the best team in the tournament and they will batter England unless The VAR Gods conspire to put France through.

15 hours ago, peternapper said:

They also keep going on about England qualifying as Britain if they get to a certain stage in this, did we have any say in who represents us

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46489104

Scottish FA: "The position of the Scottish FA on the subject of Team GB is well-documented and our preference remains that all organised international football involving Scottish players should be played under the Scotland banner. In relation to the 2020 Olympic Games, the Scottish FA, along with the other home nations, agreed a proposal to allow an English-led British women's football team to participate in Tokyo."

15 hours ago, marty_j said:

Wish that England band would f**k right off. Complete c***s.

I ended up watching it with no sound and it was a whole lot better. At one point in the first half pictures showed an official speaking to them, I thought great they are telling them to shut up.... sadly not, think they just moved them. It's bad enough on the TV but imagine being there near them? Who the f**k wants to hear some shit trumpet player and some eejit banging a drum in a haphazard half out of tune fashion. The team are pretty good, but I hope France/USA knock them out just to get rid of the fucking band!

17 minutes ago, s_dog said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46489104

Scottish FA: "The position of the Scottish FA on the subject of Team GB is well-documented and our preference remains that all organised international football involving Scottish players should be played under the Scotland banner. In relation to the 2020 Olympic Games, the Scottish FA, along with the other home nations, agreed a proposal to allow an English-led British women's football team to participate in Tokyo."

Fair enough suppose it does not say supporting them is expected.

6 hours ago, s_dog said:

The team are pretty good, but I hope France/USA knock them out just to get rid of the fucking band!

I'd like to hear a slowed down minor key version of the Great Escape as the tear filled English ladies traipse off the pitch following their heartbreaking exit.