Jump to content

Buenos Aires football.


yogisbairns
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Finally took the plunge, and booked flights to Buenos Aires for next Feb. Looking to get as many games as I can over a 2 weekend period. Has anyone else been, and can they give me any hints or tips. Cheers.

Superb Yogi what a trip that will be 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my tickets for the Ba derby via my hotel.I just asked when i arrived at reception and they got me one within a few hours.As has been mentioned the ultras all go behind a goal at Boca and will beat up anybody that stands in there place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

La Bombonera is much smaller than you think and is therefore pretty much always sold out.

I arranged tickets via my hotel because it was a bit less likely I'd get ripped off, but it wasn't cheap. A guy came and picked us up about two hours before kick-off and then picked up another couple of folk at a different hotel. He then drove us to the stadium where we met some other folk from the same "company". They handed us all season tickets and took us through the gates before collecting the tickets back and leading us to our seats. At full-time they gathered us back together and dropped us back at the hotel.

All in all, it was a fantastic experience and I'd definitely recommend it even if you have to shell out £100+.

 

20171029_191441.thumb.jpg.f021be596364836918527015a4550764.jpg

Edited by craigkillie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

La Bombonera is much smaller than you think and is therefore pretty much always sold out.

I arranged tickets via my hotel because it was a bit less likely I'd get ripped off, but it wasn't cheap. A guy came and picked us up about two hours before kick-off and then picked up another couple of folk at a different hotel. He then drove us to the stadium where we met some other folk from the same "company". They handed us all season tickets and took us through the gates before collecting the tickets back and leading us to our seats. At full-time they gathered us back together and dropped us back at the hotel.

All in all, it was a fantastic experience and I'd definitely recommend it even if you have to shell out £100+.

 

20171029_191441.thumb.jpg.f021be596364836918527015a4550764.jpg

I was in Buenos Aires in 2011 and saw the ground from the outside during a city tour. We wandered round the ground but didn't have enough time to do a stadium tour.  The guide said you should not wear anything red if you visit the ground for a game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

La Bombonera is much smaller than you think and is therefore pretty much always sold out.

 

I arranged tickets via my hotel because it was a bit less likely I'd get ripped off, but it wasn't cheap. A guy came and picked us up about two hours before kick-off and then picked up another couple of folk at a different hotel. He then drove us to the stadium where we met some other folk from the same "company". They handed us all season tickets and took us through the gates before collecting the tickets back and leading us to our seats. At full-time they gathered us back together and dropped us back at the hotel.

 

All in all, it was a fantastic experience and I'd definitely recommend it even if you have to shell out £100+.

 

20171029_191441.thumb.jpg.f021be596364836918527015a4550764.jpg

 

Couldn’t think of anything worse than being bussed into a game like that direct from hotel and having to sit with a bunch of tourists. A pal of mine went over a few years ago managed to get in the terracing behind the goals with the real fans, drinking with the locals pre and post match and guys passing about joints during the game etc. sounded a real unique experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The seats weren't amongst the tourists - they were scattered here and there amongst the local fans. Fair play to your pal though - he obviously had some other source of tickets.


Yeah he was out there a good 6-8 weeks so no doubt had a bit of time.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

La Bombonera is much smaller than you think and is therefore pretty much always sold out.

I arranged tickets via my hotel because it was a bit less likely I'd get ripped off, but it wasn't cheap. A guy came and picked us up about two hours before kick-off and then picked up another couple of folk at a different hotel. He then drove us to the stadium where we met some other folk from the same "company". They handed us all season tickets and took us through the gates before collecting the tickets back and leading us to our seats. At full-time they gathered us back together and dropped us back at the hotel.

All in all, it was a fantastic experience and I'd definitely recommend it even if you have to shell out £100+.
 
20171029_191441.thumb.jpg.f021be596364836918527015a4550764.jpg

Was it landingpad that you used? They seem to be the ones to go to.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, yogisbairns said:


Was it landingpad that you used? They seem to be the ones to go to.

I did it through the hotel, so I'm not sure who they used. I paid the guy in cash - it was $AR 3000 each, which at the time was about £120, but now seems to be about £55.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I paid $20 for mine and sorted out my own transport.However the first time I went to a match in Brazil I paid the hotel to sort it all out for me.So if your unsure about the language etc I would recommend craigs way if its your first time in that part of the world.Hearing the machine gun fire in the favela next to the Olympic stadium in Rio made me think I had made the right decision but after a couple of games and once I got used to the transport system etc I quite happily make my own way/get tickets etc by myself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Tickets were easy to buy.  Got tickets for Boca v Racing and got picked up and taken back in a mini bus. The guy was very helpful. You are left on your own though once you are in the stadium. All we were told is don't go into "12" which is where the ultras are. It was an unbelievable experience.

 

The following week I got tickets for River v Boca. It was from the same guy but had to make my own way to and from El Monumental. If your hotel is in the city centre either organise a taxi or prepare for a long walk. 

 

Bonbonera pisses all over El Monumental. 

 

Btw Buenos Aires is absolutely huge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Tickets were easy to buy.  Got tickets for Boca v Racing and got picked up and taken back in a mini bus. The guy was very helpful. You are left on your own though once you are in the stadium. All we were told is don't go into "12" which is where the ultras are. It was an unbelievable experience.
 
The following week I got tickets for River v Boca. It was from the same guy but had to make my own way to and from El Monumental. If your hotel is in the city centre either organise a taxi or prepare for a long walk. 
 
Bonbonera pisses all over El Monumental. 
 
Btw Buenos Aires is absolutely huge. 

Any contact info for the guy who helped you currahee? Have been to Istanbul, so everywhere else is do-able after that.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yogisbairns said:


Any contact info for the guy who helped you currahee? Have been to Istanbul, so everywhere else is do-able after that.emoji38.png

I got my tickets via viagogo and the guy will email you about what hotel to meet at beforehand. The hotel was in the city centre. Before River v Boca we met outside a coffee shop. There's plenty others doing the same so there's no problems. 

 

Take your passport. There are plenty police searches etc before the stadiums...especially la Bombonera. It saves quite a lot of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
Are you off soon?

Sorry for the delay. Yeah, heading off on Thursday. Got tickets for CARP, Boca, and I’ve been set up for Estudiantes as well. My contact has also got us an invite to see Estudiantes at their training base. Also got Huracan, Argentines Juniors, Independiente and a couple of 2nd div games lined up. Was looking to venture into Uruguay, but the fixture gods haven’t been kind. Sadly, the Velez game this Friday has been cancelled, but as I speak, I’m waiting on more 3rd div fixtures to be announced. All in, got 8 games planned in 11 days, but still hoping to get more. The CARP game we’ve got the hospitality package. Paid just short of £100 for it, but god knows what’s involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/02/2020 at 23:19, yogisbairns said:

Sorry for the delay. Yeah, heading off on Thursday. Got tickets for CARP, Boca, and I’ve been set up for Estudiantes as well. My contact has also got us an invite to see Estudiantes at their training base. Also got Huracan, Argentines Juniors, Independiente and a couple of 2nd div games lined up. Was looking to venture into Uruguay, but the fixture gods haven’t been kind. Sadly, the Velez game this Friday has been cancelled, but as I speak, I’m waiting on more 3rd div fixtures to be announced. All in, got 8 games planned in 11 days, but still hoping to get more. The CARP game we’ve got the hospitality package. Paid just short of £100 for it, but god knows what’s involved.

Sounds great. When we went the league had been suspended then all of a sudden it was back on. So the Velez game might be back on. Can you speak any Spanish? Quite handy for Buenos Aires. The only thing I dont envy is your flight. Hope you have a blast. We did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...