LEAGUE ONE SUPPORTERS LEAGUE

Hi all this came to my attention from Airdrie asking if we (east fife) had a supporters team to play against them this season.

Can we set up a league and all have a team and all play this season? I know it will get competitive and good fun too but think it will be a great idea...

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Evening all, 

Was wanting to bring to your attention of a football league for fans teams playing eachother over the course of the season. 

At the moment we have 14 teams from across Scotland from Celtic, to Stirling and even Troon.

Is there any current league teams with a football supporters team looking to play in the league, games take place on Saturday mornings and they can be scheduled around games in the afternoon. 

Games are scheduled between eachother, there is no player registration just need to be a supporter of the team you represent. 

Evening all, 

Was wanting to bring to your attention of a football league for fans teams playing eachother over the course of the season. 

At the moment we have 14 teams from across Scotland from Celtic, to Stirling and even Troon.

Is there any current league teams with a football supporters team looking to play in the league, games take place on Saturday mornings and they can be scheduled around games in the afternoon. 

Games are scheduled between eachother, there is no player registration just need to be a supporter of the team you represent. 

No player registration is a disaster waiting to happen. Players should all be registered to protect themselves and others.

We played in the surridge supporters league for a few years. Airdrie having tons of ringers who weren't Airdrie fans. It was good fun, playing on a Sunday. It expanded to 2 leagues latterly. Off the top of my head, the teams involved were

Dumbarton

Stirling (Beach wood Albion) 

Falkirk (Bairnfica) 

Partick x 2

Kerrydale Celtic

Rangers x 2

Aberdeen (Central based team) 

Motherwell

Airdrie

Hamilton (Cadzow) 

Clyde

Traveling might be an issue though with this idea, the furthest we had to travel was Falkirk. 

Edited by the snudge

The current league is fantastic. For us it’s  good to try arrange games against the supporters teams of whoever the Clyde first team are playing in the afternoon. It Means travelling isn’t an issue as you would already be at that location to see the game in the afternoon anyway.

Played for the Rovers supporters team from about 2009 - 2012 when I moved to Edinburgh for uni. Probably the most I’ve enjoyed playing football in my life. Vast majority of players were Rovers supporters and we would all go to the pub then the game afterwards. It was going to fold a few years after that and one of the boys took it on and kept it going for another few seasons, but literally none of the guys that played then were Rovers fans, they didn’t even play in a Rovers kit the last time I played for them down in Ayr against KaisAyr (who are a great bunch of guys btw).

We played in the IFA and then latterly in the SSML which was a really competitive league with a Hibs side, two Livi teams and the Pars, plus others. We won the SSML I think in 2010 or 2011, with the league going to the wire with us and Dunfermline. Dunfermline boys were all really top lads, as well.

Never really recaptured that level of enjoyment at any level since.

Unfortunately there's too many teams in the IFA who have got very little supporters in their team. OL Livingston back in the day were bad for it, no one in the troon team follows them. You used to catch them out when you ask them who they've got that afternoon, was embarrassing. 

Would be good if it got back to where it should be. Used to enjoy the IFA back in the day. 

• 1 month later...

It's me who is trying to get a game against you guys. I contacted TM to see if he could get something sorted. It would just be a friendly, but be good to have a blether about the IFA. As a couple of people have mentioned above, the IFA has been on the go for over 25 years. It's more a sociable league, you can play as many or as little games as you want, and the ideal scenario is all players are fans of the big club. Play the game in the morning....go for a few beers together....then go and watch the big game in the afternoon. If anything, it encourages guys to travel to see the big team at away games. Of course, with teams our size, you may need to call in a pal or two, but generally you should be able to get 11-13 bodies. 

The Sunday Supporters League is - imo - the one where there are ringers, ammy players etc. The IFA games at least encouarages people to go to the games.

We are also looking for teams of 'older' players who fancy playing in Walking Football matches to get in touch....again, the same ethos. We have a squad of around 16 walking footballers who play through the week, but are keen to replicate the IFA model and maybe play like minded teams on the Saturday morning.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:41, sirscottyoung said:

Hi all this came to my attention from Airdrie asking if we (east fife) had a supporters team to play against them this season.

Can we set up a league and all have a team and all play this season? I know it will get competitive and good fun too but think it will be a great idea...

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

17 hours ago, EJF said:

It's me who is trying to get a game against you guys. I contacted TM to see if he could get something sorted. It would just be a friendly, but be good to have a blether about the IFA. As a couple of people have mentioned above, the IFA has been on the go for over 25 years. It's more a sociable league, you can play as many or as little games as you want, and the ideal scenario is all players are fans of the big club. Play the game in the morning....go for a few beers together....then go and watch the big game in the afternoon. If anything, it encourages guys to travel to see the big team at away games. Of course, with teams our size, you may need to call in a pal or two, but generally you should be able to get 11-13 bodies. 

The Sunday Supporters League is - imo - the one where there are ringers, ammy players etc. The IFA games at least encouarages people to go to the games.

We are also looking for teams of 'older' players who fancy playing in Walking Football matches to get in touch....again, the same ethos. We have a squad of around 16 walking footballers who play through the week, but are keen to replicate the IFA model and maybe play like minded teams on the Saturday morning.

If you search for Vale of Leven Walking Football Club on facebook you may well be able to organise a game with them, Dumbarton/VoL/Balloch based team. They've been on the go a while now but I'm not sure what league (if any) they play in.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

If you search for Vale of Leven Walking Football Club on facebook you may well be able to organise a game with them, Dumbarton/VoL/Balloch based team. They've been on the go a while now but I'm not sure what league (if any) they play in.

Nice one...thanks. I've reached out on your Fans FB page and looks like we may get a game of 11's sorted.

1 minute ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

The IFA is brilliant to be involved in. In all my years playing football I have always enjoyed playing for Bully Wee United in the IFA the most.

And if you enter the UK Cup and get an away tie against an English team you are guaranteed a cracking weekend whoever you get!

Bully Wee are starting back up again this season.