eBay Question

I sold a SatNav a few weeks ago on eBay - a pretty good one with dash cam and all the bells & whistles. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, I used it daily and it was only about 9 months old. I sold it because I found Google Maps on my phone was better.

Anyway, I got this message today -

Dear ,
when i received that SatNav was fine and i like it but few days later problem has come with power switch which is some time can turn on and some time can't turn on and now it's been three weeks i am keep trying still can't turn on so i want to return that item.
Thanks
Regards

Now, I never once had a problem with the power switch and the thing was working perfectly when I sold it. Can I just tell him to f**k off?

From what I've read, Paypal pretty much always sides with the buyer, so I'd maybe start having a look at eBay forums - possibly there's a sub for eBay sellers on Reddit - to see exactly what steps you should take in case a scam is imminent.

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I sold a SatNav a few weeks ago on eBay - a pretty good one with dash cam and all the bells & whistles. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, I used it daily and it was only about 9 months old. I sold it because I found Google Maps on my phone was better.

Anyway, I got this message today -

Dear ,
when i received that SatNav was fine and i like it but few days later problem has come with power switch which is some time can turn on and some time can't turn on and now it's been three weeks i am keep trying still can't turn on so i want to return that item.
Thanks
Regards

Now, I never once had a problem with the power switch and the thing was working perfectly when I sold it. Can I just tell him to f**k off?

Could be worth taking it to Ebay if telling him there was nothing wrong with it doesn't work. The fact that he admits there was nothing wrong with it when it arrived has to be in your favour.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/ask-ebay-step-help-sellers?id=4702

Edited by welshbairn

Aye,  I've had a look at the T&Cs.

What if the goods or services you receive are not up to scratch?

Consumer Rights Legislation
The most important piece of legislation relating to the sale of goods through eBay.co.uk is The Consumer Rights Act 2015.

The Act provides that wherever goods are bought by a consumer they must meet certain minimum standards. This means that items sold through eBay by business sellers must be:

• of "satisfactory quality";
  • "as described"; and
  • "fit for particular purpose".

Therefore goods sold by business sellers must not be inherently faulty at the time of sale, must match any description given to them and, allowing for factors like price, they must be fit for their purpose, defect free, safe and durable.

Where the seller is a private individual, the goods must be "as described". The goods are not legally required to be of "satisfactory quality" or "fit for purpose".

They clearly were as described as he was happy with it when it arrived. It's also been two months since the sale (24th April). Told him to bolt and told eBay why