Kilwinning Rangers 2019/20 Season Chat

parkcircus

Let's see those people and more getting behind the team home and away.
Everybody associated with the club has done a great job to get us over to KSC over the summer, it's been great to see.
However, I want to highlight the team that Chris and Barry have constructed on the park. Last season we had a small squad that toiled at times, the team was pretty stale. This season, we have prepared comprehensively during pre season and put together a group of players who work very hard for each other, who have bags of skill and ability. There is a goal threat all over the team, rock solid defence and strength in depth.
In my opinion, this is a Buffs team that has real potential, but they need the support of the Kilwinning people to realise that potential. So come on folks, let's get behind the Buffs and see where it takes us.
We've had positive results against Clydebank and Talbot so far, we lost both of these fixtures last season. We've Medda today, who we lost twice to last season so a big measure as to where the team is at this afternoon.
COYB. Onwards and upwards.

Totally agree,the whole mood and atmosphere around the club has lifted.Time 2 look forward .

A solid derby win today. The game should have been over by half time. Two good goals, a team goal finished by Agnew and a brilliant free kick from Carlo Monti. A bit of slack defending made the last few minutes edgier than they needed to be. Altogether another good team performance and another win where we lost last season. Benburb up next, onwards and upwards COYB.

We controlled the majority of the match, apart from that 10 min spell between 70 and 80 mins. And even then we were only really broken down once after the team switched off momentarily, clearly thinking (as did I) that it was job done.

This was my first match of the season (shifts have prevented me from visiting the new park for a game) and I thought the new centre forward (Wilson) did really well. Still very raw but had a great touch and totally had the beating of the Meadow centre halves. Monti was the best player on the park and Agnew looked like he did 4 seasons ago.

As an aside, the new shelters at Meadow Park are good, and will be very welcome in future poor weather, but unfortunately standing at the top of the hill gives you a restricted view now.

Thought the same with the shelters, maybe they could have put them at the top of the hill

We controlled the majority of the match, apart from that 10 min spell between 70 and 80 mins. And even then we were only really broken down once after the team switched off momentarily, clearly thinking (as did I) that it was job done.

This was my first match of the season (shifts have prevented me from visiting the new park for a game) and I thought the new centre forward (Wilson) did really well. Still very raw but had a great touch and totally had the beating of the Meadow centre halves. Monti was the best player on the park and Agnew looked like he did 4 seasons ago.

As an aside, the new shelters at Meadow Park are good, and will be very welcome in future poor weather, but unfortunately standing at the top of the hill gives you a restricted view now.

Played against Ryan Wilson many times in the ammy premier league.  For me he was the best striker in Ayrshire at that level and should do very well at the juniors. 

Looks a real find and everybody says the same,he was outstanding at Amateur.Big step up 2 the Premier,but doesn't look out of place.He ll get even better as he toughens up 2 the Junior.Reminds a few of us of Ross Stewart wen he 1st came 2 the Buffs, and he done not 2 bad!!

1 hour ago, buffy1899 said:

Looks a real find and everybody says the same,he was outstanding at Amateur.Big step up 2 the Premier,but doesn't look out of place.He ll get even better as he toughens up 2 the Junior.Reminds a few of us of Ross Stewart wen he 1st came 2 the Buffs, and he done not 2 bad!!

7C9C5F52-73BC-4ADC-80B3-1E51861F5609.jpeg

Agree with the points above about the lad Wilson. Looks to have a good attitude and is willing to learn. Monti and him are showing signs of a cracking partnership. Only thing I thought on Sat Wilson could have done a little better was challenging when the ball was up in the air but to be fair the 2 Meadow centre half’s are man mountains. I was critical of the teams work rate last season and there hunger to work hard but this season so far their seems a real willingness to not concede goals. The back four on Sat were terrific . Long may it continue.

10 hours ago, energyzone said:

What's the status of the building warrants for the new clubhouse? Once it's installed and had a few coats of paint it'll be some structure. Are the dressing rooms ultimately going to be contained within them?

Plans are about to go in, waiting on structural engineer, it won’t contain changing rooms

One for the history books up at Rutherglen. A last minute winner to win 5-4 after been down and out at 4-1 with twenty to go.

Great subs by Chris, a never give up attitude and superior fitness saw the boys home. Amazing scenes of celebration at the end, great togetherness about the club.

Credit to Glens for some nice forward play and a great set up under the lights. Good banter with their fans too.

A feature of our play last night was great crossing, lost count of the number of crosses and corners that put Glens defence and keeper under pressure.

A great advert for the junior game. 6 pounds well spent. Thanks to John Bennett for the lift down the road, the supporters bus was buzzing.

Onwards and upwards COYB

27 minutes ago, rutherglen glencairn said:

Highlights of Wednesday's game at Rutherglen

https://youtu.be/RUmlBRrfuTw

For your information. Kilwinning had 4 corners in the first half and 14 in the 2nd half.

What a game amount of chances the buffs created unbelievable ! Great first goal from the glens but the rest of the highlights must be painful viewing for you. Great camera work especially when the lights were on! 

• 2 weeks later...