Kilwinning Rangers 2019/20 Season Chat

parkcircus

2 hours ago, crfc said:

Today's performance by the ardeer keeper kept the score at 9 rather than double that .

It seems he is only 17 and a Buffs fan.   He's just moved up from the Youth leagues and is not their first choice keeper, but after today's match he should be.  Shots and crosses were coming in from all angles and he dealt with them very well considering his relative inexperience. 

On 23/07/2019 at 07:48, parkcircus said:

The Buffs have loads of “Good Sources” for absolutely everything 

Need a movie review, try the Buffs

Need the Russian nuclear missile codes, try the Buffs

Need a list of everyone that eats cheese in the Netherlands, try the Buffs

Need to have your bullshit claims backed up on an anonymous forum by a “Good Source” try the Buffs.

Paying £3 to watch a game of football apparently comes with the right to make up anything you want, it’s a cheap price for an opinion, but opinions aren’t facts and for £3 your not entitled to make up facts.

Ha ha, that's one of the most surreal posts I've read on here in a long time. Onwards and upwards.

4 hours ago, crfc said:

Today's performance by the ardeer keeper kept the score at 9 rather than double that .

The young keeper played well. Ardeer never stopped and, despite the result, something for the manager to build upon. Always a pleasure to watch Joe Young as well, a fantastic player, wonder why he never came to Buffs, I believe we approached him on a couple of occasions over the years.

Buffs are shaping up well. Certainly been one of the most comprehensive pre seasons for some time. Looking forward to seeing what this new team can achieve.

I'm happy how the buffs pre season has been some really good football played and our first real test will be Monday at largs who are in the same league. As for yesterdays game what good does it do for our game when teams get hammered by cricket scores not just in our game also in other games in the sectional cup these results do nothing for the buffs and as for ardeer they get humiliated year in and out no fault of theirs but why should a member club be put through this farce of a competition year after year this should be it's last year and should never be played again.

3 hours ago, wow-wee said:

I'm happy how the buffs pre season has been some really good football played and our first real test will be Monday at largs who are in the same league. As for yesterdays game what good does it do for our game when teams get hammered by cricket scores not just in our game also in other games in the sectional cup these results do nothing for the buffs and as for ardeer they get humiliated year in and out no fault of theirs but why should a member club be put through this farce of a competition year after year this should be it's last year and should never be played again.

Got to agree, game yesterday benefited no one, with Ardeer hardly getting over the half way line. I look at the group with Talbot, Glens, Ford and Darvel now that is a group containing games which are a great way to begin for the league kicking off. Was thinking why not base it on what league you play in closest to the next team, e.g - Buffs, Largs, Meadow, Troon in one section and Ardeer, Saltcoats, Irvine Vics, Whittlets in another, just a thought. Also can anybody explain to me why Meadow are in the same section as Craigmark.

Buffs could quite easily draw Ardeer in the Scottish or West cups and the result would be the same. It doesn't make those competitions farces.

The Ardeer of 4 years ago would have given the Buffs a test, and the Ardeer 4 years from now might do the same. They're going through a bad spell but it won't always be like this for them.

Got to agree, game yesterday benefited no one, with Ardeer hardly getting over the half way line. I look at the group with Talbot, Glens, Ford and Darvel now that is a group containing games which are a great way to begin for the league kicking off. Was thinking why not base it on what league you play in closest to the next team, e.g - Buffs, Largs, Meadow, Troon in one section and Ardeer, Saltcoats, Irvine Vics, Whittlets in another, just a thought. Also can anybody explain to me why Meadow are in the same section as Craigmark.
The clubs had an opportunity to bin this competition and voted not to. So it must still have relevance to them.
Forming the groups with regards to league positions would only make them elitist and I doubt if the lesser clubs would be in favour of that.
I'd hazard a guess that the Ardeer treasurer was not ready for slashing his wrists over the 9 nil scoreline, as he'd be too busy counting his share of the gate. Besides that, the groups change for next season, so who knows what they'll look like then.

The clubs had an opportunity to bin this competition and voted not to. So it must still have relevance to them.
Forming the groups with regards to league positions would only make them elitist and I doubt if the lesser clubs would be in favour of that.
I'd hazard a guess that the Ardeer treasurer was not ready for slashing his wrists over the 9 nil scoreline, as he'd be too busy counting his share of the gate. Besides that, the groups change for next season, so who knows what they'll look like then.

Gates don’t get shared in the league cup group stages

20 hours ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Great 9 - 0 win for Buffs against Ardeer Thistle today! As the score suggests, Buffs weren't really tested, but another excellent performance from the lads, & some great goals too.... especially the 25 yard screamer from young Chris "Gowser" McGowan! 

Chris McGowan Jr is a cut above the rest. I don't think anyone ever took the ball past him when he was at Dalry.

8 minutes ago, Bakkali said:

Chris McGowan Jr is a cut above the rest. I don't think anyone ever took the ball past him when he was at Dalry.

Your right he's a great young player even before he went to stranraer  he was good and he's even better now 

3 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

The question you should be asking is why is Craigmark in the same section as Meadow Troon and the Vics?

The question you should be asking is why is Craigmark in the same section as Meadow Troon and the Vics?

Is it not groups off 8, which also includes Whitletts, Annbank, Girvan and Maybole. Two seasons with same 4 teams, then a new drew between the 8 teams for the next two seasons

3 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

It wouldn’t have taken him long to count the gate money.

Would making it a split competition 

Premier and Championship play each other for a trophy 

First and Second Divisions play each other for a trophy 

might give them something to aim at and put a bit of life in the competition for the lower league teams 

It wouldn’t have taken him long to count the gate money.
Would making it a split competition 
Premier and Championship play each other for a trophy 
First and Second Divisions play each other for a trophy 
might give them something to aim at and put a bit of life in the competition for the lower league teams 
He'd have even less to count if you'd have him trying to get his team to Forth or Carluke on a Wednesday night.
I think you're missing the point of the Sectional aspect of it. Clubs get a chance to play local teams that otherwise they're unlikely to meet.

I totally get that point, but some clubs struggle to get a team together and then on the first match they get smashed and half the players chuck it, and the cycle continues.

Also the cup doesn’t have a sponsor and no one takes it seriously, I think Henderson called it a pre season tournament in his interview after playing Darvel 

I totally get that point, but some clubs struggle to get a team together and then on the first match they get smashed and half the players chuck it, and the cycle continues.
Also the cup doesn’t have a sponsor and no one takes it seriously, I think Henderson called it a pre season tournament in his interview after playing Darvel 
That'll be the Premiership team manager that could only get 1 point off a Championship team. Hmmm? I wonder why he'd come out with a comment like that.

10 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
14 hours ago, parkcircus said:

That'll be the Premiership team manager that could only get 1 point off a Championship team. Hmmm? I wonder why he'd come out with a comment like that.

Two actually, they won the penalty shoot out. I agree with him, its all about getting players game time. The Talbot team that played Glenafton on Saturday will be totally different from the one that plays them this Saturday in the league opener