Kilwinning Rangers 2019/20 Season Chat

parkcircus

10 hours ago, energyzone said:

New pitch looks superb - had a walk down the other day and it's taking shape well.

I saw that there a clubhouse being purchased/saved from extinction - where will it be positioned and how on earth is it going to be moved??

It’ll be at the top of the slope were the current cabins are sitting. This week the area will be cleared, foundations but down and the first unit moved on Saturday by R&L Miller

Agree with energyzone, pitch and surrounding areas are coming along nicely. I understand if you don’t wish to answer this question, due to this being a public forum but was wondering if that is us done with signings or if their are more to come.

Losing Pettigrew is a loss, big season ahead for Syme and Maitland as the centre half pairing, I felt they struggled at times last season in basic defending, need to up their levels to have any chance of the team being successful. Nisbet and Wardrope not a loss, would like too see a proven striker signed to replace Boylan.

3 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

Losing Pettigrew is a loss, big season ahead for Syme and Maitland as the centre half pairing, I felt they struggled at times last season in basic defending, need to up their levels to have any chance of the team being successful. Nisbet and Wardrope not a loss, would like too see a proven striker signed to replace Boylan.

What type of player do we have in signing Boylan ? I missed both matches this season against Kilwinning and can’t remember from season before . Heard a very good player 

12 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

What type of player do we have in signing Boylan ? I missed both matches this season against Kilwinning and can’t remember from season before . Heard a very good player 

His pace is scary but at times his link up play can let him down. Will do well to break up the Wilson/Samson partnership but would not be surprised too see him doing it.

54 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Boylan has pace to burn, that's his biggest asset. He can score goals, but often takes the harder chances, missing the easier ones. His touch is questionable at times and his temperament often gets the better of him, he can't keep his mouth shut. Sloan will impart his experience to Bryan, maybe make him a more complete player if Boylan is to get s regular game for Talbot.

Boylan has pace to burn, that's his biggest asset. He can score goals, but often takes the harder chances, missing the easier ones. His touch is questionable at times and his temperament often gets the better of him, he can't keep his mouth shut. Sloan will impart his experience to Bryan, maybe make him a more complete player if Boylan is to get s regular game for Talbot.
He's better in front of goal when he doesn't have time to think about it. He can be very instinctive when scoring. But when he has the time to choose what to do he often hesitates.

Where are Nesbit and Wardrope away to?
I thought they were both good young players whenever I saw them.

Nesbitt at glenafton and wardrope away to Hurlford i think

16 minutes ago, XXX said:

Nisbet to Glenafton, Wardrope to Hurlford, Nisbet is Lacey but was in and out the team and was never consistent, Wardrope scored one of the best goals I have ever seen against Beith but is a luxury player who in the end up spent half of last season at Winton with Strain coming to his senses that Buffs could no longer carry a luxury.

Just now, Louis Mooie said:

Nisbet to Glenafton, Wardrope to Hurlford, Nisbet is Lacey but was in and out the team and was never consistent, Wardrope scored one of the best goals I have ever seen against Beith but is a luxury player who in the end up spent half of last season at Winton with Strain coming to his senses that Buffs could no longer carry a luxury.

He might be Lacey but meant to say pacey, ha ha.

9 minutes ago, Louis Mooie said:

He might be Lacey but meant to say pacey, ha ha.

Nissy when on his game is as good as any wide player around but like A lot of wingers consistency was his problem not on his game often enough. Mick wardrope young guy spent most of his career at pro youth coming into the juniors was a struggle for him most games he simply could not get into and at time was a passenger in two seasons at the buffs could count on one hand the amount of good games he had .