FairWeatherFan

Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2019-20

On 04/08/2019 at 21:48, sureiknow said:

I would think if we ( Gretna ) went into the South League even more fans would desert us.

We barely get a 100 now at games.

I remember when we would have taken near that amount to away games.

Sponsership may go too.

I wonder is it worth while carrying on if we drop into that League.

Just my thoughts at the moment.

Got to disagree with this. Playing in the South would mean more "local type" games, less travelling and winning most games encourages more people to come along and watch....the sponsors would reach more "local" people too which would please them.

Re 100 at games? I think the core support is about 40 and only when there is a visit from some of the so called bigger teams who bring a few with them would it reach or get near that target.

As for carrying on why not?  but there is no way that they will return to the SFL unless they have the money to do so and get a squad that can compete with the top 6 teams in the league at the moment.There is something to be said for being a Big Fish in a small pond but the South League is no "push over".

Not Lowland League, but with Bury's current woes and the prospect of being chucked out of the league, the English Football League have confirmed that should League One be reduced to 23 teams, then one less team would be relegated at the end of the season.........just saying. 

Not Lowland League, but with Bury's current woes and the prospect of being chucked out of the league, the English Football League have confirmed that should League One be reduced to 23 teams, then one less team would be relegated at the end of the season.........just saying. 
Not lowland league but if one less team is relegated in efl1 that would still mean 3 relegated.
Just saying.

18 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Not lowland league but if one less team is relegated in efl1 that would still mean 3 relegated.
Just saying.

You spent months lying and dripping poison on here about a club.

That information, that you'd been fed by a "grade" acolyte  and then gleefully repeated like a Grade A twat made you look like a complete p***k.

You've never apologised.

Just saying.

14 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

I think that's the sensible approach if a team withdraws or gets chucked out. However, in the EFL that has been clearly set out in the league rules. Until last season the LL stated something different. Not that it mattered in the end due to Berwick's relegation though...