Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2019-20

FairWeatherFan

8 hours ago, Robert James said:

What if the West juniors join the pyramid, and your club (or the Colts, or the Braves or EK ?) end up being relegated the following season ?   West SJFA Premier ??   

Good question. Unfortunately I don't know and I doubt anyone will until we get agreement and the west juniors join. Logic would dictate that a team from the west would drop into that regions league, but it's scottish football when did logic ever matter? Also if use that same dark art known as logic by joining the pyramid the juniors cease to be juniors. Don't they?

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Good question. Unfortunately I don't know and I doubt anyone will until we get agreement and the west juniors join. Logic would dictate that a team from the west would drop into that regions league, but it's scottish football when did logic ever matter? Also if use that same dark art known as logic by joining the pyramid the juniors cease to be juniors. Don't they?

Juniors could join and retain membership to the SJFA

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

If Jerry's team were relegated to eg. WRJFA, would they need to join the SJFA?

I’m not sure to be honest, my guess would be no. You don’t need to be a member of an association at the moment, so if the WRJFA wanted to come in at tier 6, then the same rule would need to apply I would have thought? 

We could do with some clarity on the subject to be honest.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

If Jerry's team were relegated to eg. WRJFA, would they need to join the SJFA?

Again good question.  It seems to me the motivation for some within the juniors ranks is self preservation rather than the best interests of the club's. 

34 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Let's face it the SJFA blocked us from ground sharing at Petershill and rejected our entering a team into the juniors. What response do you think we would get if we were relegated and tried to get into the west league?

On what grounds did they reject your application?

2 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Let's face it the SJFA blocked us from ground sharing at Petershill and rejected our entering a team into the juniors. What response do you think we would get if we were relegated and tried to get into the west league?

Like burnie man, I would be interested to know why the SJFA blockled your club's  application (BSG Glasgow ?), and their rejection of your proposed groundshare with Petershill ? 

It was rumoured on P&B that Clydebank's (on-going) groundshare with Yoker was threatened,  when the Bankies applied to join the EoSL a few years ago (?) 

47 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Like burnie man, I would be interested to know why the SJFA blockled your club's  application (BSG Glasgow ?), and their rejection of your proposed groundshare with Petershill ? 

It was rumoured on P&B that Clydebank's (on-going) groundshare with Yoker was threatened,  when the Bankies applied to join the EoSL a few years ago (?) 

I think the stumbling block over Petershill  (or certainly the excuse used by SJFA) was BSC as the senior club being given fixture priority. This is nonsense though as our fixtures are known from the start of the season and the Juniors make it up as they go so it wasn't really an issue. 

If the west juniors join the pyramid then they will be sfa members. I'm not sure the sjfa membership would even still be a valid thing. It surely can't be if we are all one set up playing for one association (sfa).

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

If the west juniors join the pyramid then they will be sfa members. I'm not sure the sjfa membership would even still be a valid thing. It surely can't be if we are all one set up playing for one association (sfa).

It basically becomes a larger membership version of the EoSFA, SCFA, NoSFA, Aberdeenshire FA, Five FA etc.

Just now, G4Mac said:

Yeah I thought that, so the sjfa couldn't refuse anyone entry to their league from the LL.

Right now the agreement is between the LL, EoSFL and SoSFL. Not the LL, EoSFA and SCFA. So if the West Premiership is added it should be the WRJFA named as the entity that runs the league and not the SJFA.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Right now the agreement is between the LL, EoSFL and SoSFL. Not the LL, EoSFA and SCFA. So if the West Premiership is added it should be the WRJFA named as the entity that runs the league and not the SJFA.

Sounds correct .

Interesting to hear what happens tonight. 

20 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It basically becomes a larger membership version of the EoSFA, SCFA, NoSFA, Aberdeenshire FA, Five FA etc.

That would make sense, you don't have to be members of the EoSFA to play in the EoSFL. Relegated clubs can't be forced to join the EoSFA if they aren't members already. That will have to start applying to the WRJFA/SJFA as well. 

Out of interest: are there any clubs in the EoSFL currently that aren't EoSFA members?

39 minutes ago, Marten said:

Out of interest: are there any clubs in the EoSFL currently that aren't EoSFA members?

That's probably one for @HibeeJibee

Certainly out of the current crop I'm not aware of any club being excluded from draws.

Not even sure what the official breakdown of competitions would be considered ran by the league or fa.

Doubt East Stirlingshire, Cumbernauld or BSC are getting relegated anytime soon to see.

Everyone in EOSFL are members of EOSFA. Almost everyone in LL is a member of EOSFA or SCFA - there are 3 (IIRC) which aren't, and I recall it's largely down to groundshare availability and costs.

Back before the pyramid began Annan, Dalbeattie and Threave played in EOSFL but were SCFA members contesting the Southern Counties Cup.

Nowadays it would be highly unlikely for any EOSFL club not to as they'd miss EOS Qualifying and potentially also Alex Jack and King cups; whereas those 3 LL clubs only miss EOS Qualifying/Southern Counties cup.