Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2019-20

FairWeatherFan

25 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Still good enough to knock the team lying second in the EOS Premier division out of the Scottish cup last week though.:)

It has been pretty tight amongst those clubs for the past few years. I think the worry for VoL was that they had dramatically dropped off.

For Gretna their next 3 league games could turn out to be very important in how their season pans out:

1. Gala (H) Tuesday
  2. Edinburgh University (A) Saturday
  3. Vale of Leithen (H) October 26th

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
6 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:
Simple majority. Your right you might get one or two voting it through but you’ll also have alliances  between some voting clubs, supporting fellow members by voting for the status quo. 3 relegation spots with no automatic promotion is just sheer bloody fantasy IMO. Any change will be small and gradual.

1 spot to 3 is fantasy? How slow and gradual can you make it? It's sad to hear that those who champion the LL as breaking the mould and moving the pyramid forward, are happy the stifle it.

Who’s stifling it? I would love to wake up every morning with Ariana Grande lying beside me. I’m just pointing out there is as much chance of that happening as a LL with 3 relegation spots.

Just now, Jerry Macguire said:

Who’s stifling it? I would love to wake up every morning with Ariana Grande lying beside me. I’m just pointing out there is as much chance of that happening as a LL with 3 relegation spots.

The LL will be if they don't move to increase promotion opportunities.

Just now, Jerry Macguire said:

I guess we’ll just need to wait and see. To be fair they haven’t done too bad a job so far. 

If the west come on board for next season (mibees aye, mibees naw), then we'll see what happens next.  Talbot will be in a position to be Licenced pretty quickly (and they are pretty dominant at the moment), as Petershill and Cumnock will be it seems.

9 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
The two favourites to win the league now are the last two sides to be promoted. Meanwhile we've got a queue of  clubs forming in the EoS who will need to wait years to pass Vale of Leithen or Edinburgh Uni.

How's your promotion push going?

A hell of a lot better than yours 😂

59 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think the worry for VoL was that they had dramatically dropped off.

Vales biggest worry is the lights. It'll suit the LL if they finish bottom. 

Hopefully they stay up without lights, get them last minute like the Rose just for the sheer seethes it would cause on here.

Actually would there be as much an outcry if they got lights just like Bonnyrigg did I very much doubt it :whistle

Quick skim of European leagues with 16 team top leagues. None of them seem to offer 3 automatic relegation spots.
1   Belgium
1+2 Czech Republic
2   Poland
2+1 Belarus
2+1 Norway
2+1 Serbia
2+1 Sweden
2+2 Russia
But we're not talking top leagues. The league below the LL offers 3 spots....

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Quick skim of European leagues with 16 team top leagues. None of them seem to offer 3 automatic relegation spots.
1   Belgium
1+2 Czech Republic
2   Poland
2+1 Belarus
2+1 Norway
2+1 Serbia
2+1 Sweden
2+2 Russia

But we're not talking top leagues. The league below the LL offers 3 spots....

ONE of the leagues below the LL offers 3 spots. The other offers none.

3 down from 16 isn't exactly mental. It's fewer spots per club than 2 from 10 which was the standard for a long time in the SPFL without folk thinking it was mental.

You'd expect 2 automatic spots at a minimum once the west feeder goes live. I imagine they'll want to see exactly what tier 6 looks like before committing.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

If the west come on board for next season (mibees aye, mibees naw), then we'll see what happens next.  Talbot will be in a position to be Licenced pretty quickly (and they are pretty dominant at the moment), as Petershill and Cumnock will be it seems.

I’d love to see the west come on board. That would really complete the circle as far as non league football in this country is concerned. At the moment though we’re faced with ludicrous proposals such as eos league, sos league and an east juniors all at tier 6. Juniors still want their cake and eat it.  It should be all in or not at all.