Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2019-20

FairWeatherFan

10 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Was there not some guidance on having to have had a licence from the start of this season to go up? Might be mistaken.

Not that i'm aware of, but I don't know the ins and outs. I imagine it would of done the rounds by now that Bo'ness were unable to get promoted.

I know previously it was meant to be licenced by March 31st in order to be eligible for the playoff.

EDIT: They've changed the rule about being licensed by March 31st and its become more vague.

B4 The club eligible for promotion into the League from the EoSFL or the SoSFL will be identified as follows: a) If the champion clubs of both the EoSFL and SoSFL meet the criteria for membership of the League, a play-off competition between these clubs (the “Lower Pyramid Playoff Competition”) will decide the eligible club, which will be promoted to the League; b) If only one champion club from the EoSFL or SoSFL meets the criteria, that club becomes the eligible club, which will be promoted to the League; c) If neither the champion club of the EoSFL or the SoSFL meets the criteria for membership there will be no promotion to the League.

What defines criteria for membership has also been changed.

B1 All clubs must, on the Completion Date, be licensed, full members of the Scottish FA. The maximum number of clubs will be sixteen (16).

When is the Completion Date you ask? June 30th or whenever it suits.

Completion Date means 30th June each year or such other date set by the Board by which all business relating to the season must be completed.

Presumably if Bo'ness are told by the Licensing Committee they will receive their SFA membership at the 2020 AGM they would be allowed to participate in any LL promotion play-off.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not that i'm aware of, but I don't know the ins and outs. I imagine it would of done the rounds by now that Bo'ness were unable to get promoted.

I know previously it was meant to be licenced by March 31st in order to be eligible for the playoff.

I was chatting to a boy from one of the EOS teams that got a licence earlier in the season and he was saying that was the case. Might be from next season maybe.

11 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

I was chatting to a boy from one of the EOS teams that got a licence earlier in the season and he was saying that was the case. Might be from next season maybe.

Even if that's not the case there's meant to be the change to a February licensing committee and nothing in between till the SFA AGM.

Going by the rules they can certainly be flexible.

The best case for Bo'ness would be if there was no licensed SOSFL champion. Otherwise they could just say tough luck Threave are promoted, after all why should they be disadvantaged.

Bo’ness will be audited this month I was told, they have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes and met with the SFA licensing 3 times already. Lights are fully over the 200 lux and park looks to be fine. 

9 minutes ago, buloyal said:

Bo’ness will be audited this month I was told, they have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes and met with the SFA licensing 3 times already. Lights are fully over the 200 lux and park looks to be fine. 

Figured as much. Looking like there will be a Lowland League play-off for only the 2nd time.

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If they allow boness to compete its questionable whether would 

image.png.a77d031289c7d39ca07e56d1e0e6afca.png

The completion date is 30th June

image.png.3a505e07ad61270ed693558700e53c26.png

Pass their audit, February licensing committee meeting, membership forwarded to the SFA for approval at the AGM. Bo'ness should be able to participate in the play-off. There's no March 31st deadline anymore.

57 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.a77d031289c7d39ca07e56d1e0e6afca.png

The completion date is 30th June

image.png.3a505e07ad61270ed693558700e53c26.png

Pass their audit, February licensing committee meeting, membership forwarded to the SFA for approval at the AGM. Bo'ness should be able to participate in the play-off. There's no March 31st deadline anymore.

Correct 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's no March 31st deadline anymore.

The 31st March deadline was never in the main LL rules, it was in the "Lower Pyramid Playoff Competition" rules - although we don't know if these have been updated for this season, and anyway the LL could grant a relaxation of that deadline like they did with Bonnyrigg. http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-version-1.1.pdf

24 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The 31st March deadline was never in the main LL rules, it was in the "Lower Pyramid Playoff Competition" rules - although we don't know if these have been updated for this season, and anyway the LL could grant a relaxation of that deadline like they did with Bonnyrigg. http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-version-1.1.pdf

That's not the way I remember it because the deadline was known about in the Kelty/LTHV season.

I only remember the LL pyramid playoff rules coming out in the past year when there was discussion over any changes requiring the approval of the LL/EOSFL/SOSFL/SFA. Which is when it was confirmed the SFA couldn't just do what they want.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

14 hours ago, Ginaro said:

So in the long and short as longs boness apply for a licence and pass the february meeting they would compete in the playoffs

40 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

So in the long and short as longs boness apply for a licence and pass the february meeting they would compete in the playoffs

If Boness can win the league and have application approved yes

On 11/01/2020 at 21:43, lowenan said:

Big win for Gala today. Looking very unlikely that they will be involved in a race to avoid relegation.

Was at Berwick vs Gala, new Centre Half Gareth Rodger has been a big bonus. If they keep Danny Galbraith and Zander Murray fit they will be fine. 

1 hour ago, Fitbanomad1 said:

Was at Berwick vs Gala, new Centre Half Gareth Rodger has been a big bonus. If they keep Danny Galbraith and Zander Murray fit they will be fine. 

Big Gareth is a good player. He could play in L2 or for one of the top LL teams easlily so Gala have done wel there!

On 12/01/2020 at 00:27, FairWeatherFan said:

That's not the way I remember it because the deadline was known about in the Kelty/LTHV season.

I only remember the LL pyramid playoff rules coming out in the past year when there was discussion over any changes requiring the approval of the LL/EOSFL/SOSFL/SFA. Which is when it was confirmed the SFA couldn't just do what they want.

The deadline may have been known about but it wasn't written in the main LL rules - so just because it isn't there now, doesn't mean there's no 31st March deadline. :) I asked on here a while ago:

On 30/12/2019 at 13:08, Jerry Macguire said:

I’m not 100% on this but my understanding is we are not members of either EoS or SoS. We applied for entry to the LL from our inception so it would only be if we were relegated would a decision need to be made. Where we play our home games doesn’t factor, we’re a Glasgow club.

What if the West juniors join the pyramid, and your club (or the Colts, or the Braves or EK ?) end up being relegated the following season ?   West SJFA Premier ??