FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.2206e73f192a10430f37099d1ffcc8ae.png

Berwick Rangers 1-0 Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts 0-1 Gretna 2008
East Kilbride 3-1 Dalbeattie Star
Edinburgh University 0-3 East Stirlingshire
Gala Fairydean Rovers 1-3 Vale of Leithen

Edinburgh University go bottom. Gives some hope to VoL & Gretna. Berwick despite losing some of their players recently look to be well clear of it now.

What if Vale finish 3rd bottom and dont get floodlights on time ?

More potential baw aches and chaos for the LL 🤔

Edited by newcastle broon

46 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What if Vale finish 3rd bottom and dont get floodlights on time ?

More potential baw aches and chaos for the LL 🤔

https://www.bordertelegraph.com/sport/18005335.vale-look-council-light-end-sfa-tunnel/

https://www.peeblesshirenews.com/sport/18033666.victoria-park-sporting-hub-plans-take-shape/?ref=fbshr&fbclid=IwAR1GgiL8prQAWipg9DOSK2Po8Im9BHm-dnY7V8_Nydm_nvt5d6KLq_M0eyo

First article is from the end of October which has some council reps giving some positiive quotes.

Second is from the middle of November after they had their public meeting. Since then there's been someone asking on Facebook if there's any update and one of the committee reps that seemed positive but couldn't say anything more.

Looks like they're hoping to get floodlights thrown up in time, while trying to become more of a community hub longer term.

I remember it being posted on here before but can't remember where...can someone post again which teams from the Lowland League would be relegated into the South of Scotland League if they were to finish bottom?  I think it was Gretna, Dalbeattie, Caledonia Braves and East Kilbride and the rest would go into the EoS but not 100% sure.

1 minute ago, stanley said:

I remember it being posted on here before but can't remember where...can someone post again which teams from the Lowland League would be relegated into the South of Scotland League if they were to finish bottom?  I think it was Gretna, Dalbeattie, Caledonia Braves and East Kilbride and the rest would go into the EoS but not 100% sure.

You're right it's just Gretna 2008, Dalbeattie Star, Caledonian Braves and East Kilbride that would be relegated to the SoSFL.

14 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You're right it's just Gretna 2008, Dalbeattie Star, Caledonian Braves and East Kilbride that would be relegated to the SoSFL.

BSC Glasgow to go by their right name and Cumbernauld as well 🤔

How are they different is there any sort of boundary line  ?

Edited by newcastle broon

BSC Glasgow to go by their right name and Cumbernauld as well [emoji848]
How are they different  is their any sort of boundary line  ?

Membership mate. Prior to the LL, EK joined the SoS then jumped into the LL when it was formed. Colts and BSC took the move to join EoS rather than SoS.

2 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Membership mate. Prior to the LL, EK joined the SoS then jumped into the LL when it was formed. Colts and BSC took the move to join EoS rather than SoS.

👍 Gretna and Dalbeattie used to be members of EoS as well.

Geographics just dont seem right for the pyramid  ?

Just now, surely not! said:

Not the way I understand it to work. East Kilbride and Gretna 2008 are both members of the EoSFA to compete in the likes of the Qualifying Cup. Yet both go to the SoSFL if relegated.

East Stirlingshire never joined any local FA when relegated and yet will be relegated to the EoSFL.

They just seem to decide amongst themselves. EK and CB are both South of Glasgow so I guess make most sense for SoSFL. Whereas Cumbernauld is to the North East of it. BSC play in Alloa and until that changes will be considered a EoSFL side.

42 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not the way I understand it to work. East Kilbride and Gretna 2008 are both members of the EoSFA to compete in the likes of the Qualifying Cup. Yet both go to the SoSFL if relegated.

East Stirlingshire never joined any local FA when relegated and yet will be relegated to the EoSFL.

They just seem to decide amongst themselves. EK and CB are both South of Glasgow so I guess make most sense for SoSFL. Whereas Cumbernauld is to the North East of it. BSC play in Alloa and until that changes will be considered a EoSFL side.

I’m not 100% on this but my understanding is we are not members of either EoS or SoS. We applied for entry to the LL from our inception so it would only be if we were relegated would a decision need to be made. Where we play our home games doesn’t factor, we’re a Glasgow club.

7 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I’m not 100% on this but my understanding is we are not members of either EoS or SoS. We applied for entry to the LL from our inception so it would only be if we were relegated would a decision need to be made. Where we play our home games doesn’t factor, we’re a Glasgow club.

Where you play absolutely matters to which LL feeder a club would be relegated to. When BSC were playing at Maryhill chances are the nominated league was the SoSFL. When moving to Alloa it became the EoSFL.

The LL, EoSFL and SoSFL decide which clubs go where at the start of the season once the league membership is known. There's no boundary, it is not dependent on historical ties which is why Gretna 2008 get relegated to the SoSFL having previously been in the EoSFL before the LL was created.

image.png.cc6027737a420fabaaf2bd989323ba4d.png

In the case of BSC and a number of clubs it's purely academic anyway as there's no chance of getting relegated anytime soon.

49 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Where you play absolutely matters to which LL feeder a club would be relegated to. When BSC were playing at Maryhill chances are the nominated league was the SoSFL. When moving to Alloa it became the EoSFL.

The LL, EoSFL and SoSFL decide which clubs go where at the start of the season once the league membership is known. There's no boundary, it is not dependent on historical ties which is why Gretna 2008 get relegated to the SoSFL having previously been in the EoSFL before the LL was created.

image.png.cc6027737a420fabaaf2bd989323ba4d.png

In the case of BSC and a number of clubs it's purely academic anyway as there's no chance of getting relegated anytime soon.

If we ever find ourselves facing relegation I would hope by then we would have found a home in Glasgow. As you say purely academic.

Looking increasingly likely that the SoS will produce a licensed champion - Threave had an emphatic 9-0 victory over Bonnyton, as Stranraer drew with 3rd place Abbey Vale today. Means they will be ahead at the top even if Stranraer win their four games in hand, though they've still to play each other in March.

Bo'ness also ahead by a couple of points even if Hill of Beath win their four in hand. Big question will be whether they (or Camelon, Tranent) secure a licence in time so that the LL play-off can take place.

Edited by Ginaro

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Looking increasingly likely that the SoS will produce a licensed champion - Threave had an emphatic 9-0 victory over Bonnyton, as Stranraer drew with 3rd place Abbey Vale today. Means they will be ahead at the top even if Stranraer win their four games in hand, though they've still to play each other in March.

Bo'ness also ahead by a couple of points even if Hill of Beath win their four in hand. Big question will be whether they (or Camelon, Tranent) secure a licence in time so that the LL play-off can take place.

That's what I was keeping an eye on. Bo'ness are having to work to a tighter deadline due to a greater chance of a champions play-off being required.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's what I was keeping an eye on. Bo'ness are having to work to a tighter deadline due to a greater chance of a champions play-off being required.

Was there not some guidance on having to have had a licence from the start of this season to go up? Might be mistaken.