Vale of Leithen v Berwick

On 16/11/2019 at 17:19, FairWeatherFan said:

Berwick Rangers 4-0 Vale of Leithen
Dalbeattie Star 1-4 Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride 2-0 Gretna 2008
Caledonain Braves 0-0 Gala Fairydean Rovers
Kelty Hearts 7-1 Edinburgh University

image.png.7d9c21d23b5e4694ffca8ed533e812e8.png

Berwick and Gala starting to put some distance between themselves and the bottom 2 points wise.

Cant see much change at the bottom of the table between now and the end of the season. The bottom 3 look to be nailed on.

So much quality in the top half of the East of Scotland League that would compliment the Lowland League. Its a shame it will take a number of years to get the top East of Scotland teams in to replace the poorer Lowland League sides.

1 hour ago, NL Observer said:

Cant see much change at the bottom of the table between now and the end of the season. The bottom 3 look to be nailed on.

So much quality in the top half of the East of Scotland League that would compliment the Lowland League. Its a shame it will take a number of years to get the top East of Scotland teams in to replace the poorer Lowland League sides.

Agreed there should be at the very least 2 automatic relegation places from the LL.

Stranraer Reserves are back on top of the SoSFL having gone 10 wins out of 10. The league has also dropped down to 15 teams with Dumfries YMCA folding, that number padded by the two reserves sides in it that can never be promoted.

Hopefully the Lowland League decide to expand with a LL2 if there isn't any real movement over getting the West Region in at the December PWG.

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Am I correct in saying there are scenarios where no one is relegated from this league? And not just limited to league winners below being non-licensed.

As it currently stands, when Brechin lose the play-off to Kelty then no one will be relegated from the LL.

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's why I said a licensed tier 6 champion. The Brechin/Kelty scenario would allow for a applied for vacancy. So the LL would be freshened up a bit anyway.

I have mentioned it previously. A bit presumptuous to use the former junior club just off the M90 in Fife as the example for the play off. The season has not yet reached the halfway stage and plenty to play for for a few clubs.

C’mon The Rose 

8 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I have mentioned it previously. A bit presumptuous to use the former junior club just off the M90 in Fife as the example for the play off. The season has not yet reached the halfway stage and plenty to play for for a few clubs.

C’mon The Rose 

The only reason Kelty was used was because the current standings were used to illustrate a scenario that would mean no relegation from the Lowland League this season. I don't see Brechin fans in a huff over a hypothetical.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The only reason Kelty was used was because the current standings were used to illustrate a scenario that would mean no relegation from the Lowland League this season. I don't see Brechin fans in a huff over a hypothetical.

So if you had posted at midday on Saturday you would have used the Lowland League leaders at that moment?  (Doubt it)

Brechin fans will be checking the Highland League thread I would have thought.

C’mon The Rose  

1 minute ago, bravehearts dad said:

So if you had posted at midday on Saturday you would have used the Lowland League leaders at that moment?  (Doubt it)

C’mon The Rose  

Why are getting annoyed by a hypothetical example. Sensitive much. 

2 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose  

Yes, I would. The only important factor is Brechin City, a Highland League area club, finishing bottom of SPFL2 and losing the SPFL2 playoff to the Lowland League champion.